WRNL Calls Out the Students

ThurgoodMarshal

Jul 18, 2011
Ankeny, IA
I just think it's funny that this is the medium they use to call out the students. It's pretty clear that the majority of students trafficking these sites are the ones that attend games. It's the non-die hard student fans that need this kick in the rear. That being said, this picture is great...

hzjoaau.0_standard_709.0.png

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Makes good points but just saying "show up" isn't going to probably do anything. Statistics show that student section numbers are declining all across country so I guess I take solace In the fact that this isn't unique to ISU.

Dino

Mar 26, 2009
Des Moines
Makes good points but just saying "show up" isn't going to probably do anything. Statistics show that student section numbers are declining all across country so I guess I take solace In the fact that this isn't unique to ISU.

Now you kids with your loud music and your Dan Fogelberg, your Zima, hula hoops and Pac-Man video games, don't you see? People today have attention spans that can only be measured in nanoseconds.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Pardon me, but didn't the students show up in much larger numbers and make a great contribution to the win over WV? Perhaps the article was written before that game, but it seems that a token nod about the students moving in the right direction would have been appropriate. Not even a reference to Giant Georges showing up?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Also, I was surprised he didn't call out the CAC. From what has been posted here, they don't seem to do anything to rally the students to attend the games.

kyle22kjs

Nov 2, 2012
I would give about anything to be back in college, with my buddies, doing what "some"of these students won't do. If only I could remember all the times I spent in Jack Trice/Hilton. Good article

ThurgoodMarshal

Jul 18, 2011
Ankeny, IA
Pardon me, but didn't the students show up in much larger numbers and make a great contribution to the win over WV? Perhaps the article was written before that game, but it seems that a token nod about the students moving in the right direction would have been appropriate. Not even a reference to Giant Georges showing up?

Why isn't this around more often? Ik if I took the time to make that I would bring it with me everywhere I went. The attendance at that game certainly helped validate the ISU-WVU "rivalry" that is beginning to brew tho.

BKLYNCyclone

Sep 16, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
I just think it's funny that this is the medium they use to call out the students. It's pretty clear that the majority of students trafficking these sites are the ones that attend games. It's the non-die hard student fans that need this kick in the rear. That being said, this picture is great...

hzjoaau.0_standard_709.0.png

I will donate to any student that makes a bighead of this... Great article, and the students deserve it. I think ISU has to stop selling the all-sports pass if they are selling it still. Or not include MBB anymore.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Why isn't this around more often? Ik if I took the time to make that I would bring it with me everywhere I went. The attendance at that game certainly helped validate the ISU-WVU "rivalry" that is beginning to brew tho.
The original maker OD'd over Christmas break. Props to whoever got Giant Georges from his family.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
It is funny that WRNL used the WRNL site for their article that called out students? Did you think they would take out an ad in The Daily?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
It is funny that WRNL used the WRNL site for their article that called out students? Did you think they would take out an ad in The Daily?

Post a link on the Twitter and Facebook accounts for CAC.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I laughed 0 times. WRNL is slipping.

Yeah, I thought it was weak as well.

Love the argument about the student section being full back when they had both ends of the balcony. The whole reason why the west balcony was moved from student section to general public sales was because the student attendance was so poor.

Help Support Us

Become a patron