Just a thought...

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Iowa St has two of the favorites for CPOY candidate, we lost out on "the" recruit and the majority of Cyclone followers believe next year's team will still be better than this year's. Great time to be a Clone!

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
How many threads are titled "Just a thought..."? Get creative you lazy barnacle butts!

Last edited:

CycloneCarter

Jan 10, 2014
Zion
Iowa St has two of the favorites for CPOY candidate, we lost out on "the" recruit and the majority of Cyclone followers believe next year's team will still be better than this year's. Great time to be a Clone!
Did you quote that from the Rashad Vaughn megathread?

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008

I don't think next years team will be better....Melvin won't be here...enough said

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
To be better, wouldn't we need to pull in at least one (or two) players for our last 2 scholarships that can contribute immediately since McKay is not available til 2nd semester? Just wondering, that's all. Without him makes our non-conf. resume more challenging. Big12 will be loaded again with all the young talent returning.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
To be better, wouldn't we need to pull in at least one (or two) players for our last 2 scholarships that can contribute immediately since McKay is not available til 2nd semester? Just wondering, that's all. Without him makes our non-conf. resume more challenging. Big12 will be loaded again with all the young talent returning.

JFC...

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
This program has a lot of things going for it but I'm not sure next years team will be better. Ejim and Kane are special players, leaders, and teammates. Losing guys like that can effect a lot. In saying that next years team certainly has potential to do just about anything, but it will require another great coaching job from Fred, a lot of hard work from the guys, and probably a little bit of luck.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
We are one really good guard who can shoot well from being better next year than this year. Perhaps Matt Thomas turns out to be that guard, we will see.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I don't know who thinks next years team will be better? It will be hard to replace Ejim and Kane. They be as goo do if guys like Morris, Long, and Thomas improve and Olof McKay and Nader can step in and produce but it is not often you can lose two first team all big 12 caliber performers and get better.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Since Fred's second year the same thing had been said about the team.

Welp we lost an NBA first rounder and 2 senior starters, looks like the team will take a step back.

Oh no we lost an All B12 defensive player, a potential NBA player, and 70% of our scoring it might be a down year.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I don't know if they will be better, but certainly different, especially after McKay can play. GN might be a monster offensive player with a shot blocker in the post. Right now he has to expend a lot of effort guarding guys that are way bigger than him. He also has to defend post players that get the ball very soft because of foul problems. Really the biggest things that I see are where does the outside shooting come from and then the toughness of the team. Kane and ME are mentally a combo as we have seen for quite a while.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009

Welp we lost an NBA first rounder and 2 senior starters, looks like the team will take a step back.

Oh no we lost an All B12 defensive player, a potential NBA player, and 70% of our scoring it might be a down year.

Maybe from people who didn't know the team but after the Royce year people thought that the next year they would be equally as good if not better and this year when Kane came aboard people thought they would as least be 3rd or 4th in the league. With the potential to be 2nd.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008

That is Hoiball. It's always moving forward and getting better... Hoiball doesn't have time to take a step backwards.

sadam

Jan 8, 2014
There have been plenty of people saying we will be better next year on other threads which surprised me. Now that a thread was created in regards to that idea people are posting acting like they don't know what the OP is talking about and he is on crack. These people acting like no one said that were likely the ones who originally started saying it.

tivo2224

Oct 19, 2009
Norwalk
Defensively next years team I think will be better. Offensively I dont think we will know for sure until December or January.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I think we will be as good or better next year. This was supposed to be the rebuilding year. Prior to the season there were many posters here talking about the NIT. Top 25 is the new normal.