Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Winter Reigns Again as Stormy Pattern Resumes Into March

650x366_02241506_hd14.jpg

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
I'm done shoveling. People who are out walking in the winter can walk through the snow on my sidewalks. This winter sucks.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

the worst part is that there will probably be some pretty bad flooding this spring since there's a ton of snow up in Minny/no. WI too.........and the frost is so deep it'll be a long time before the ground can absorb anything.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
the worst part is that there will probably be some pretty bad flooding this spring since there's a ton of snow up in Minny/no. WI too.........and the frost is so deep it'll be a long time before the ground can absorb anything.

Yeah, I know that Minny got just piles last week, I bet you guys were also bad. The Farmer's Almanac predicted a dry spring for Iowa, I CAN'T see that happening.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Yeah, I know that Minny got just piles last week, I bet you guys were also bad. The Farmer's Almanac predicted a dry spring for Iowa, I CAN'T see that happening.

DRY? lol. It actually got us in mostly rain so there was actually some minor flooding from it melting the snow and running off. I actually flew back in that day (from Phoenix, hey guess what, warm weather is awesome!) - was supposed to go through Detroit but it got all messed up and we went through MSP instead. When we landed there my phone gave a blizzard warning alert. I was pretty glad we got out of there just in time! Thank God we didn't go to Detroit........would have been stuck there for a day or so I bet.

FDWxMan

Jan 31, 2009
Des Moines
Lol Earl.

Here's what Earl Craig was calling for this last round, 6-8" on Highway 20. :biglaugh:
earl.png

Here's what we called for:
Last tweak to the forecast. Hedging up about a half inch from yesterday. 1.5 to 2.5 in Des Moines, still 3 to 3.5 between Hwy 20 & 30 west of I-35. Fairly quick drop off south of I-80.

Slowed down too, really more of an afternoon/evening snow now along I-35.
Enjoy your snow hunting tomorrow.
snow.png

I needed a steeper axis on the snow to the SE. Not a great forecast E Central and SE Iowa.

And of course the results.
lsr.png

I shouldn't rag on Earl too much. The 120-hr raw, multi-storm forecast will verify sooner or later. :wink:

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
DRY? lol. It actually got us in mostly rain so there was actually some minor flooding from it melting the snow and running off. I actually flew back in that day (from Phoenix, hey guess what, warm weather is awesome!) - was supposed to go through Detroit but it got all messed up and we went through MSP instead. When we landed there my phone gave a blizzard warning alert. I was pretty glad we got out of there just in time! Thank God we didn't go to Detroit........would have been stuck there for a day or so I bet.

Yeah, I shook my head when I read that - I seriously doubt THIS spring will be dry. :no: Man, that would be a shock to fly back.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron