NSCR: ***Official Daytona 500 thread***

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Here we go!!!

The #3 returns to the track. Can Jimmie get another championship? Lots of new rookies, can one of them win? Lots of other news along with race.

Who you all got?

For some reason I think Harvick, Kenseth, or Hamlin win.

Cy83ag

Mar 20, 2010
Earlham
Hate to do it, but I think this is Kyle Busch's year, not only at Daytona, but he's my pick to win the Cup.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
One of the most unpredictable races of the season - not touching this one.

2 great races so far this season with trucks and Nationwide. Not a ton of wrecks but awesome finishes. Somehow I think we'll still get the great finish today but with a lot more banging and tore up cars.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Not to derail thread but need more. Many may know but I'd like to just say there is a league open at nascar.com if anyone is interested!

When it comes to Daytona and Talladega, I always pick the drivers that are most conservative. That being said, I think Jimmie wins it back to back years.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
All 3 mentioned by OP have a great chance. I'll say Stewart.

Would be thrilled with a 5 car win obviously - but Stewart winning today in his return after injury would be pretty awesome. Would love to see him have a strong finish.

Cy83ag

Mar 20, 2010
Earlham
The question was who you got. I would love to see Jeff Gordon win, but my opinion is that Busch will. He has a good organization, a good car and is one of the best drivers today. Don't know why answering the question, no matter how painful the answer deserves your banhammer.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
The question was who you got. I would love to see Jeff Gordon win, but my opinion is that Busch will. He has a good organization, a good car and is one of the best drivers today. Don't know why answering the question, no matter how painful the answer deserves your banhammer.
Kyle blames anyone and everyone for his shortcomings on the track. Will wreck anyone and then still blame someone else. Feasts on the lesser competiion in trucks and Nationwide to boost is fragile ego.

ISUCyclone06

Oct 31, 2010
Greensboro, NC
Surprise winner today, I'm going with Martin Truex Jr to win in the 78 car. I expect Dillion, Danica, a d Casey Mears to surprise along with the usual suspects to be up front.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
best rookie class in years, I bet we see multiple wins from them. Larson, Dillon, Klugerman - some very talented kids this year.

CyBroncos

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Can somebody explain to me why NASCAR starts their season with their Super Bowl race? Wouldn't it be better at the end when the points race is a huge factor? Wouldn't that help draw in more of the fringe non racing fans? It just seems like having it this early makes it seem more like exhibition race.

Not a NASCAR fan and always wondered that about how their scheduling works.

isu22andy

Sep 17, 2012
Everytime I watch NASCAR im reminded of how much better I like dirt track. :skeptical: