Man-Man Feature

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

theyork

Aug 6, 2009
hedgesville, wv

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
Man...I knew he was gonna be good but didn't even dream he would be this important as a Freshman.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
He'll be an All-American at Iowa State by the time he is done here. Put ~15 more pounds on his frame and watch out. He'll grow as a scorer each and every year. Pair that with his exceptional instincts as a passer and the sky is the limit.

Snyder21

Apr 25, 2012
Sioux City, IA
Another thing about Monte is his ability to get into the passing lanes and to create steals. I remember he averaged a ridiculous number of steals per game in high school.. Maybe 8? Looks like that has translated well into college as he's one of the top in the league in that category. He has sneaky long arms and is always in great position.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I've said this before, but Monte has a confidence that isn't cocky but is exactly what you want your point guard to have. When they signed Kane, you could tell that Monte was like what the hell---I've got this. He's realized that having Kane was huge for him this year.

He is going to be so much fun to watch over the next several years.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
I think he is the player I am most interested in watching how he develops these last few games, in the conference tourney, and in the NCAA. I think it will tell us a lot about next year's team.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
I think he is the player I am most interested in watching how he develops these last few games, in the conference tourney, and in the NCAA. I think it will tell us a lot about next year's team.
Yep, we are going to need him to be more like Taylor/Woodward, or hopefully Staten.

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
...The...
...Dynamite.
giphy.gif

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Yep, we are going to need him to be more like Taylor/Woodward, or hopefully Staten.

I disagree, I think we'll have enough offensive talent that we will still want him to primarily set guys up and make the right decisions. I'd like to see him get his 3 pt % about 35 and drive a bit more next year because he can, but he doesn't need to do everything those guys do.