TWS- Baylor

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Going to have to depend on all of you tonight. Going to see Gov't Mule in Des Moines and won't catch the game. Look forward to reading what happened!

and no, I can't type this early. The title was supposed to be TSS (Twister Sister summary)

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
So will this be the game thread? Like almost all Wednesday nights, my night is completely gone to basketball. I think we have a great chance in this game if we put out full effort on defense, and play with abandon on offense, not scared, loose but smart. This is our night ladies, let's go!

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
So will this be the game thread? Like almost all Wednesday nights, my night is completely gone to basketball. I think we have a great chance in this game if we put out full effort on defense, and play with abandon on offense, not scared, loose but smart. This is our night ladies, let's go!

You are surely kidding. You possess the confidence of General Custer. I will send you congrats if the sisters win.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Game is on tv but via Baylor feed. Their moron announcers are calling fallon ellis by lexi's name. Do some research fools.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I see you are back to being the **** you were when posting here last year.

That was harmless Boxster, I think you overreacted to You are surely kidding. You possess the confidence of General Custer. I will send you congrats if the sisters win.

I had NO confidence of winning at Baylor > 5%. So I had less confidence. Baylor has had great recruiting, a good season and we were at their house. I can face that we are not doing well and may likely not make it into the NCAA Tourney. I am pretty close to closing the book on this season and looking at next year with Durr, posts Ricketts and Fernstrom. Call me $%#%@ Custer.

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
I see you are back to being the **** you were when posting here last year.

You certainly took my comments wrong. I admired his confidence in spite of the odds. But I should have said nothing. And I certainly can't imagine what I said last year that would have made me a ****.

And thanks StClone for your comments.

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
I thought Mollys comment mid way through the second half when they had doubled the score and were pressing the inbounds pass. You know when you are up that much that is when you need to have your starters work on the press. But then you have to keep your ranking up there so I guess that is why you press.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
Custer was killed with all of his soldiers for whatever over-confidence he had. I hardly think what I said was over-confidence. What your statement appeared to do was to ridicule me for over-confidence and that I should be a good obedient ISU fan full of fatalistic complacency and concede defeat before it happens. I am sorry but there is no one that I despise worse in women's basketball than Milkey and I hope for a loss in every game for the women's Baylor basketball team. Sorry if that bothers you, but remember, you are on an ISU site. So you will encounter cantankerous fans that don't concede defeat before it happens. The team obviously didn't play good defense and therefore were beaten. I couldn't have watched it apparently if I wanted to because the channel isn't offered on the cable here.

I am sure the referees had nothing to do with it because Milkey would never stoop that low. I am certain you would say she wouldn't need to. I am certain without seeing the game, Hallie was pounded. Milkey wouldn't want a non-Baylor player to receive any all-American awards.

Last edited:

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
Custer was killed with all of his soldiers for whatever over-confidence he had. I hardly think what I said was over-confidence. What your statement appeared to do was to ridicule me for over-confidence and that I should be a good obedient ISU fan full of fatalistic complacency and concede defeat before it happens. I am sorry but there is no one that I despise worse in women's basketball than Milkey and I hope for a loss in every game for the women's Baylor basketball team. Sorry if that bothers you, but remember, you are on an ISU site. So you will encounter cantankerous fans that don't concede defeat before it happens. The team obviously didn't play good defense and therefore were beaten. I couldn't have watched it apparently if I wanted to because the channel isn't offered on the cable here. I am sure the referees had nothing to do with it because Milkey would never stoop that low. I am certain you would say she wouldn't need to. I am certain without seeing the game, Hallie was pounded. Milkey wouldn't want a non-Baylor player to receive any all-American awards.
The main reason was when you only shoot 34% and they shoot 54% and take 15 more shots and have 4 players in doule figures you lose. As to the refs both teams had 18 fouls but it depends which player gets the fouls that can influence the game. The team that is ranked higher, has the best record, has the coach that stands and talks to the refs the whole game, is at home and flops the best will get the better calls.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Game is on tv but via Baylor feed. Their moron announcers are calling fallon ellis by lexi's name. Do some research fools.

It was laughable. We said it was like listening to the pxp announcers on Friday Night Lights or Varsity Blues or something. The accents didn't help - spit some of the marbles out of your mouth before you speak! Their "knowledge" of ISU seemed to be at least two weeks out of date and they obviously didn't know the difference between #32 and #2. We ended up turning the volume down and gave the game some MST3K treatment.

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
So, we've got Baylor and Texas left at home, right? Can we really go 3-6 at Hilton? If you would have said that before the season started, I would have said no way that ever happens with a BF coached team. Yes, Baylor is very good, but I just see no fire or effort lately. It will really suck if we don't make the tourney that we're hosting.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
That was harmless Boxster, I think you overreacted to You are surely kidding. You possess the confidence of General Custer. I will send you congrats if the sisters win.

I had NO confidence of winning at Baylor > 5%. So I had less confidence. Baylor has had great recruiting, a good season and we were at their house. I can face that we are not doing well and may likely not make it into the NCAA Tourney. I am pretty close to closing the book on this season and looking at next year with Durr, posts Ricketts and Fernstrom. Call me $%#%@ Custer.

The season has turned into a death spiral with us hosting and likely not even making the NCAA. I figured we had zero chance of winning last night. I could call out the kool aid drinkers on this forum that thought otherwise but they are members of my tribe so I kept my mouth shut. I am not going to keep my mouth shut when opposing fans that should be on their own boards come here and post stuff when we are in the middle of flaming out to end a disappointing season. As much as I hate Baylor, I would not be on their board if they were flaming out. I would never be on their board, ever.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
I hate to say it, but I've pretty much given up on this season. I don't see them winning again in the regular season, and maybe only 1 game in the tourney. Unfortunately, I think they will be in the WNIT this year, but maybe that will be a positive thing for next year.

I'm not down on the players at all. I think in most cases they did what they were told to do, and were capable of doing given the circumstances. I would be lying however if I said I thought the coaching staff did a good job this year of planning for this season, or preparing this team.

That's all I am going to say about it.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Well, sounds like ---- onto next season. Hallie scored ten. The awards for this team will not be many. Seanna was the biggest over achiever apparently.

Feels like the Baylor/OSU men's team flameouts.

Last edited:

CRAZYGREG

Feb 29, 2008
Des Moines
That was one horrible game. Our half court offense makes us look like a high school team. The fire is completely gone from this team for the year now. It really is a shame how far back we have fallen this year coming off several good years in a row.
I do still think that we beat Texas on Saturday but that is it. 18-11 regular season. I think we win our first Big 12 tourny game, since we are likely to finish 8th and play KSU. Then we would run into Baylor again. So 19-12 going into the selection. I highly doubt that we will be rewarded with an NCAA tourny berth.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron