Guardians of the Galaxy

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
When I heard this was getting done, I had my doubts mostly because I had never heard of any of the characters but after seeing this trailer I am convinced it will be pretty great.

Officially in my top 3 for 2014.

[video=youtube;pTZ2Tp9yXyM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pTZ2Tp9yXyM[/video]

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I'd not heard of the series, but after watching the trailer, it looks like it could be entertaining.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I cant remember, is this going to tie into Avengerts 2 or 3?

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

Does this take place is the same universe as the Avengers?

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006

3 I think. At the very end of Thor 2 after the credits there is a scene of The Collector and he's looking for gems for the Infinity Gauntlet. I think The Collector will influence GotG somehow too which will set up Thanos for Avengers 3.

isuska

Jun 22, 2011
Ankeny, IA
I cant remember, is this going to tie into Avengers 2 or 3?

I have heard this will tie into Avengers 3, possibly to be called something else.

Also, my new favorite .gif
amCuffe.gif

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
3 I think. At the very end of Thor 2 after the credits their is a scene of The Collector and he's looking for gems for the Infinity Gauntlet. I think The Collector will influence GotG somehow too which will set up Thanos for Avengers 3.

Yeah I remember the Collector showing up. I just couldnt remember the time line they had set forth. Avengers 2 is all about Ultron, now I remember.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
3 I think. At the very end of Thor 2 after the credits there is a scene of The Collector and he's looking for gems for the Infinity Gauntlet. I think The Collector will influence GotG somehow too which will set up Thanos for Avengers 3.

Yes, he is very briefly in the trailer at the 2 min mark.

Looks like a good action comedy mix. Love Chris Pratt getting a lead roll, he is hilarious on Park and Rec.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
I know people were skeptical, but I think it's absolutely great that Marvel has gotten this cocky and feel like they're playing with house money now. DC can barely get it's 2 marquee characters right (mark my words: the Batman/Superman movie will make a lot of money but be a boring slog) and Marvel is riding the goodwill from Avengers to do weird, off-beat stuff like this and Ant-man. I hope the trend continues.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Ooooo. Karen Gillan and Michael Rooker? Now I'm intrigued.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I'm a comics nerd and specifically of space comics like silver surfer and the infinity gauntlet stuff but guardians of the galaxy is a weak property. Couldn't believe the original series lasted that long and that it was ever rebooted with better series out there. If mArvel uses this to segue into infinity gauntlet it's only because they botched silver surfer with a crap fantastic four movie. He's the real way to connect it with avengers.

there are hundreds of similar and better green lantern stories than gotg but dc botched that chance.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
I'm a comics nerd and specifically of space comics like silver surfer and the infinity gauntlet stuff but guardians of the galaxy is a weak property. Couldn't believe the original series lasted that long and that it was ever rebooted with better series out there. If mArvel uses this to segue into infinity gauntlet it's only because they botched silver surfer with a crap fantastic four movie. He's the real way to connect it with avengers.

there are hundreds of similar and better green lantern stories than gotg but dc botched that chance.

All the things you just said as negatives are what makes me think it has a good chance at being a great movie. It's a property that doesn't have all the baggage that a Superman/Batman/Spider-man movie has regarding "the way the movie should be". They're free to cherry pick the elements that work best for a move and ignore the rest.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006

Um,....didnt FOX botch F4?