Goodbye, Sbarro

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Went there for lunch today in CR. Manager told us they just found out this morning they're shutting down. Said close up tonight and don't come back. 153 stores closing today which appears to be about 15% of their total operations.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Ahhh Sbarros. Loved you as a child, wouldn't think of eating you now as an adult.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Sbarro is the greasiest topside of a pizza I've ever had, and I'm obsessed with pizza...it's not necessarily a bad thing because other pizzas stick out for much worse things.

I usually laugh at people who pat the top of their pizza off with a napkin thinking they're doing some significant change to the nutrition of the food...but with Sbarro it has to be saving some major calories.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Where oh where will I now find pizza every city block in Chicago.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Where oh where will I now find pizza every city block in Chicago.

Give me your top choices to cross reference with mine.

Thin crust: Piece in Wicker Park
Deep dish: Pequod's in lincoln park and morton grove
authentic woodfired: Sono in lincoln park or the new gigantic Eatily place downtown

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Ugghhh...here's to you Villa Pizza to pick me back up.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Sbarro is the greasiest topside of a pizza I've ever had, and I'm obsessed with pizza...it's not necessarily a bad thing because other pizzas stick out for much worse things.

I usually laugh at people who pat the top of their pizza off with a napkin thinking they're doing some significant change to the nutrition of the food...but with Sbarro it has to be saving some major calories.

I'll admit I have patted a slice of pizza before, but it has nothing to do with hoping to save a calorie or two, getting a mouth full of grease just isn't appetizing to me. Not to mention, I have OCD when it comes to my hands not getting greasy, it's just a preventative measure to make my slice of pizza more appealing.

Although it takes a lot of grease for me to do this. Enough that it's pooled up in the pizza. Pizza should be greasy, just not dripping with it, imo.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Give me your top choices to cross reference with mine.

Thin crust: Piece in Wicker Park
Deep dish: Pequod's in lincoln park and morton grove
authentic woodfired: Sono in lincoln park or the new gigantic Eatily place downtown

I lived on the South Side! Ain't nobody got time to be trendy near northsiders.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron