Excellent Article re: Game

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
No excuses from the Texas fans after the article. More or less said they just got beat. Got to like that.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
It was a good, honest article. I wouldn't say it was well written. Actually pretty poor.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
It was a good, honest article. I wouldn't say it was well written. Actually pretty poor.

"Actually pretty poor"? Do you mean that the writer of the article is poor, you are poor, or the article is poorly written? Complete sentences are always helpful in conveying what you mean to say, particularly when criticizing another person's writing. :v_SPIN:

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
This is a perfect analysis of our defense:
Iowa State's defense essentially begs opponents to shoot threes. When those shots go down, as they did last week when West Virginia hit 13 threes and scored 102 points, the Iowa State defense can look awful. But when those shots don't fall as much -- tonight Texas was 7-25 from long range -- the Iowa State defense is pretty tough.

Cyclonic

Apr 18, 2006
Now that you bring up the refs it was a pretty well officiated game.

Actually, I concluded at the end of the game that overall, that was the worst officiated game I've seen yet this year. They made a ton of very poor calls, and no-calls. The reason we didn't notice is probably the calls favored neither team. It was a balanced screwing, which led to no advantage.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
You have 13 more offensive rebounds, make six more free throws..........and lose by 9. One would have to be a tavernhawk to generate an excuse. And Longhorn fans are not that.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Actually, I concluded at the end of the game that overall, that was the worst officiated game I've seen yet this year. They made a ton of very poor calls, and no-calls. The reason we didn't notice is probably the calls favored neither team. It was a balanced screwing, which led to no advantage.

Which is really all I can ask for at this point.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Dear Miles Simon: While Isaiah Taylor is a good looking point guard, and he is getting the floater to fall a lot these days, I think we should tap the breaks a bit on the Tony Parker comparisons.

This was driving me crazy last night. All the side by side video of Parker and Taylor.

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
This is a perfect analysis of our defense:

It obviously was exposed vs. Staten and WV. That team can penetrate and shoot the rock. Will be interesting to see how we adjust next time around. Dibo was lights out, but you have to help on Staten. Our defense will need to rise up. But first, TCU. No nights off.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
It obviously was exposed vs. Staten and WV. That team can penetrate and shoot the rock. Will be interesting to see how we adjust next time around. Dibo was lights out, but you have to help on Staten. Our defense will need to rise up. But first, TCU. No nights off.

They won't shoot that well at Hilton

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
...They made a ton of very poor calls, and no-calls. The reason we didn't notice is probably the calls favored neither team. It was a balanced screwing, which led to no advantage.

Still wondering how DeAndre can bounce off a guy's shoulder driving to lane with no foul. Contact so obvious it threw the Texas guy out of the lane, but no call. Several other minor misses, but overall, the refs were not part of the outcome.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Still wondering how DeAndre can bounce off a guy's shoulder driving to lane with no foul. Contact so obvious it threw the Texas guy out of the lane, but no call. Several other minor misses, but overall, the refs were not part of the outcome.
If Kane got the calls that most guys that drive in this conference, he would lead the conference in FTs.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Agree with this. Honest, fair assessment of the game and was complimentary toward ISU but it was actually pretty poorly written.