Ongoing Ebay Drama

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Once again......you guessed it....another problem with online shopping. I just bought a hoodie off ebay and received it on Saturday. However, it was not what I ordered. It was similar, but made of different material.

I ordered a Nike "Dri-Fit/Therma fit" Brewers hoodie. I got a cotton one, with obvious differences from the picture. He used a picture from Football Fanatics in his listing to throw people off, and it worked.

I contacted the seller and said it was not what was pictured/described and would be returning it. His listing said he accepted returns. He replied and said it was. Then he sent this:

"I will not accept a return. you will pay the 6 dollars i paid to ship this to you or you wont get your money back. its that simple. I dont pay 6 dollars out of pocket so you can return this and I have to sell it again. There is not legitimate reason to return this. sell the damn thing yourself. you will not get a refund from me"

What, you think I wouldn't notice? Cotton and polyester are 2 different materials.

I just replied and said I don't want to leave negative feedback and open a case against him, but I will if you don't give me a refund.

I cannot believe the rudeness of this dbag.

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
Once again......you guessed it....another problem with online shopping. I just bought a hoodie off ebay and received it on Saturday. However, it was not what I ordered. It was similar, but made of different material.

I ordered a Nike "Dri-Fit/Therma fit" Brewers hoodie. I got a cotton one, with obvious differences from the picture. He used a picture from Football Fanatics in his listing to throw people off, and it worked.

I contacted the seller and said it was not what was pictured/described and would be returning it. His listing said he accepted returns. He replied and said it was. Then he sent this:

"I will not accept a return. you will pay the 6 dollars i paid to ship this to you or you wont get your money back. its that simple. I dont pay 6 dollars out of pocket so you can return this and I have to sell it again. There is not legitimate reason to return this. sell the damn thing yourself. you will not get a refund from me"

What, you think I wouldn't notice? Cotton and polyester are 2 different materials.

I just replied and said I don't want to leave negative feedback and open a case against him, but I will if you don't give me a refund.

Sounds like you already figured out your solution.

Seriously, when are you going to stop buying things online?

lakeliving

Apr 11, 2006
Threaten him/her with a visit from a certain janitor..........that should do it.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL

I would contact Ebay directly if he doesn't make it right. There are a lot of misrepresented items in apparel: lots of fake jerseys.

CYme

Dec 6, 2011
Pella, IA
What you get for being a Brewers fan? Just kidding, really like Milwaukee and have no ill will towards the Brewers. If he has a lot of sales (i.e. power seller), take it straight to EBAY. If not, good luck.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
I should have looked closer at his rating 100% BEFORE I bid. He has some negative feedback from a few years ago talking about the same trickery.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Sounds like you already figured out your solution.

Seriously, when are you going to stop buying things online?

This seems like a guy who cares more about his rating than his customers. So that's why I offered not to just yet, in hopes of getting my money back as soon as possible.

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.
first of all, for the amount of issues you seem to have buying things online.. do you buy EVERYTHING online? I buy a lot of things online but don't seem to have nearly the % of problems as you do.

secondly, how did you pay? paypal? How much was the sweatshirt?

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
first of all, for the amount of issues you seem to have buying things online.. do you buy EVERYTHING online? I buy a lot of things online but don't seem to have nearly the % of problems as you do.

secondly, how did you pay? paypal? How much was the sweatshirt?

Not a whole lot. Paypal. $50

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
You should seriously only conduct business face to face for the foreseeable future.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
I wouldn't really worry about it, especially with all the buyer protections eBay & PayPal have in place these days. Sure it's an inconvenience to not get the money back right away, but if you're that hard up for that $50 you probably shouldn't be shopping on eBay to begin with.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I always had bad luck myself. Order a computer 12 years back and the company took my money, never shipped it and the number was disconnected months later. They had perfect rating at the time too.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
I always had bad luck myself. Order a computer 12 years back and the company took my money, never shipped it and the number was disconnected months later. They had perfect rating at the time too.
Was the sales men's name Lloyd Braun?