I hope hilton....

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

IASTATE4LIFE

Apr 22, 2010
wakes up down the stretch.

cmon people we are a top 15 team in the best conference in the country. Today vs tech maybe the worst crowd I have seen since the doormat era.

We need to get loud every game, bring signs, single out players, bring chaos, yell at the refs, dance uncontrollably to some electronic song, cmon man..

I think we should all be ashamed. I was there, so I include myself. pathetic.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Its this the fourth or fifth game in a row this had been brought up. I lost track...

psychlone99

Apr 6, 2006
psychlone99.wordpress.com
It had its moments today. I thought there were a few times when the crowd really roared to life.

That said, there is a strange apathy in the student section, and I'm starting to feel like Pollard needs to remove the east balcony from their seating allotment next season. And I hate to dog the students. I think they're great at the football games 100 percent of the time. Basketball, on the other hand, is hit and miss at best.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Why's that?

Nasty out there. I'm giving everyone a pass.

Except possibly the event management people. They need to find a way to get cars into the parking lot. Should not take nearly as long as it does.

This was the first time I ever thought turning around was the better choice. If other people went ahead and did that, I'm not judging them.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
CA should not get a pass. They rise up for the name on the opponents jersey. Sure, it was snowing, but if that was KU it would be packed.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
A lot of folks braved the roads and filled more seats than I expected given the conditions. Kudos to Cyclone Nation. The most disappointing turnout was from the segment of the fanbase that can walk or take a bus to the game. No pass given.

Because they have good reason to believe that the walking conditions are safe after another uncleared week on campus.
Pretty sure half the campus was there with me at Student Health getting repaired after Friday's death trap performance. If walking is your means of transportation anywhere near the ISU campus, staying home isn't a bad idea at all.

IASTATE4LIFE

Apr 22, 2010
Well reasoned argument.
ok,

our team coming off a terrible game on the road needed some love from their fans. they got very little support from their home crowd, especially the students, who looked like they rolled out of their beds after a drunken night trying to score on valentines day. Maybe the worst cyclone power chant I have ever heard at hilton. Not a single sign, except the dude from illinois who turned 21 today(who cares). The opposing team was over 80% from the free throw line because nobody in the crowd cared that they were shooting so many. boring. I don't know what else to say. anybody that was there can't honestly say that we(the fans) did our job.

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
Nasty out there. I'm giving everyone a pass.

Except possibly the event management people. They need to find a way to get cars into the parking lot. Should not take nearly as long as it does.

This was the first time I ever thought turning around was the better choice. If other people went ahead and did that, I'm not judging them.

But that's the point he's making....I talked to several people who drove terrible roads, etc. to get there. So many of them still came. Aren't most the students already on campus? And it doesn't explain the lack of enthusiasm of those that 'were' there.

psychlone99

Apr 6, 2006
psychlone99.wordpress.com
Because they have good reason to believe that the walking conditions are safe after another uncleared week on campus.
Pretty sure half the campus was there with me at Student Health getting repaired after Friday's death trap performance. If walking is your means of transportation anywhere near the ISU campus, staying home isn't a bad idea at all.
There are conditions that would keep a student from walking to class. There are conditions that would keep a student from walking to a kegger. There are conditions that would keep a student from walking to Hilton to support their top 15 bball program. Not all are equal. Most student ticket holders I knew while at ISU would have made it to Hilton today.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
But that's the point he's making....I talked to several people who drove terrible roads, etc. to get there. So many of them still came. Aren't most the students already on campus? And it doesn't explain the lack of enthusiasm of those that 'were' there.

If they're on campus, then they know what walking on campus is like. That's reason enough to stay home.

In terms of the terrible roads, ISU traffic management was reason enough to stay home. That's a pathetic show game in and game out just getting the fans who are present into the game.

ON a day like today, you thank your lucky stars that anyone gave a rip enough to come out and you call it a day. Complaining about the fans who bothered to come out is ridiculous, and there were plenty of valid reasons for people to stay home today.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012

Gotta agree. My kid had the 7:30 a.m. Friday final last term, fell flat on his back the second he stepped outside at Freddy. Had to inch along to get there for his final all the way, buses weren't running yet when he needed to leave. When I went to pick him up at about noon, still nothing done on the ice. So sorry you got hurt.