Mediacom sucks

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
On the bright side, at least it got through the ISU game before the cable tv decided to completely stop working.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I love their "our service doesn't waiver or pixelate during snow and rain" commercial.

Nah...the best ones are the "OMG a person actually answered the phone!" commercials. Because of location and the way our land lies we are stuck with Mediacom...and if there's a problem you can be on hold forever. When I get the phone tree asking all the questions, I answer every question with "representative, please"...gets you to a live person a lot quicker (even though half the time they can't do jack for you).

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Nah...the best ones are the "OMG a person actually answered the phone!" commercials. Because of location and the way our land lies we are stuck with Mediacom...and if there's a problem you can be on hold forever. When I get the phone tree asking all the questions, I answer every question with "representative, please"...gets you to a live person a lot quicker (even though half the time they can't do jack for you).

At this point I wish I was on hold forever. Not only does my cable not work, when I call them it's either busy, or they disconnect me because their "call volume". I just gave up. Part of me just wants to keep calling them to keep their lines jammed up.

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
At this point I wish I was on hold forever. Not only does my cable not work, when I call them it's either busy, or they disconnect me because their "call volume". I just gave up. Part of me just wants to keep calling them to keep their lines jammed up.

I just assumed that whenever the cable went out customer service just took the phone off the hook.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Mediacom is the worst television/phone company in the country. I read that in a Consumer Reports once. Verizon FIOS surprisingly had very high rankings wherever you have to live to get their services.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

Are you saying your cable is STILL out? Mine's on...rural Story County...

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
Looks like I'll be starting season 2 of House of Cards tonight. (I was planning too already.)

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I just assumed that whenever the cable went out customer service just took the phone off the hook.

They actually basically do that now. They'll have a recorded message say 'there is an outage in your area and we are working to fix it. please call back later

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
If you ask for one they might, I've done it in the past for internet down time.

This but I would approach it with. Listen you run commercials that claim Cable never has disruptions or goes out and that Satellite does. Why is my cable out? apply pressure that way and they may comp you more than just this month. They know that they run false advertising Satellite goes out far less especially with the new dishes than cable does. Cable is geting better, but they know they are wrong especially cause they sell it with it never​ or allude to never

Especially if they have you under a 2 yr contract. ask them to send you a copy of your contract you'd like to see if this disruption breaches their contract....

Edit - if after being polite and letting them know they lied and if they won't do anything you may leave etc, or something more creative, then feel free to unload on them...

Last edited:

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
This but I would approach it with. Listen you run commercials that claim Cable never has disruptions or goes out and that Satellite does. Why is my cable out? apply pressure that way and they may comp you more than just this month. They know that they run false advertising Satellite goes out far less especially with the new dishes than cable does. Cable is geting better, but they know they are wrong especially cause they sell it with it never​ or allude to never
I just said "Hey my internet was out for most of the day, could I get a credit?" It almost isn't even worth the time though since it's like $2 or something.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
I just said "Hey my internet was out for most of the day, could I get a credit?" It almost isn't even worth the time though since it's like $2 or something.

Oops I am talking about TV, yeah the Internet stuff they always give u the run around on