Will Bubu See the floor this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuphues

Aug 5, 2011
Dallas
It's been a few weeks and we have yet to see any minutes for Bubu. Is this because he is not in shape? Is it because other players in the rotation are better? Or is it because Fred has been told not to play him even though he is officially on the team?

So, what do you guys think? Does he see any minutes soon or ever this season?

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I'd say it's because Fred was asked/told/strongly suggested to not play him. He'd be ahead of SDW talent wise I'd think.

That said, doubt he plays other than maybe 20 secs on Senior Day as mentioned.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Not unless there's a blowout, and there might not be one of those left on the schedule, including tomorrow's game.

I'm sure Bubu wants to play, but he's probably also just happy to be able to sit on the bench. I remember when the sordid mess reached this semi-resolution that he said something along the lines of being happy if he was just on the scout team during practice.

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
He may play on senior night. Other than that, no. Of he was going to play it would've been on Monday night when our perimeter defense was terrible and we were down 30.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
I don't think he'll play unless Ellerman plays. If Fred was going to use him for meaningful minutes, we at least would have seen him some on Friday.

cymac2408

Jul 4, 2013
Urbandale IA
If he didn't play against WVU on Monday, he won't play at all. He is one of the few players on our roster with the quickness that could possibly stay in front of Staten. We definitely could have used him during this game. I don't care what the AD or School Prez may have told Fred. Fred > than both. I remember an AD who thought he could fire a basketball coach once. How'd that work out for you Van De Velde?

Status
Not open for further replies.