Friday OT #2 - What did you get/give this year for V-Day?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Please note I did not say "VD Day."

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
been married for 8 years, had our first baby last summer.......that's gift enough!

We are just going out for a nice dinner Saturday night (tonight is too crazy to get dinner anywhere). Tried getting a limo to take us out, but $300 for someone to drive us to dinner and bring us home later, seemed a bit much.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
We purposely don't make a huge deal out of it. I got my hubby some comfy lounge pants, and he one-upped me by getting me some chocolates from Stam. Made a preggo wife happy.

ThurgoodMarshal

Jul 18, 2011
Ankeny, IA
Box of rocks

blog%2Bbox%2Bof%2Brocks.jpg

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
My wife is awesome. My grandmother went into an apt/assisted living in the fall. We agreed to send the flowers I would normally send to my wife to my grandmother. It made my grandma's day!

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
I havn't decided what I'm giving yet. Will probably grab something on the way home for work.

Planning ahead isn't really my thing. :spinny:

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
I got Casey's Gift Card to be used on Casey's Donuts.

She got some expensive beer (yes she requested this).

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
today and my wife's birthday are very close, usually we don't do a whole lot. this year I bought her Justin Timberlake tickets for his Chicago show on the 17th. Her and three friends are going. I will be using MY vacation time from work to stay with the kids so she can have a couple fun days out of town with her friends. I AM AWESOME!! :wideeyed:

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
My wife and I are going to have a nice dinner tonight. We are both pretty simple and I am so blessed to be married to her.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
We've got cards to give to each other and he actual brought home roses last night that he ordered last week (I can't believe he was thinking that far ahead!). Surprised me and it was very sweet.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I was pretty proud of myself. Just gave flowers, but found an arrangement that was roses (duh), daisies (the flowers that we had at our wedding) and orchids (her favorite flower). She got me a big pack of Reese's heart shaped candy bars.

Good memory, man!

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
We haven't done gifts in quite a while (she's frugal, I have never liked valentine's day), but we've been having a really good few months, marriage wise, so when my co-workers left work early to go get something, I had a twinge of guilt...maybe I should do something...late last night I decided that that's what I've always thought sucks about V-Day....we're so 'gift' oriented...flowers, jewelry, etc. If I am really the good husband I want to be, no purchased thing should be able to say "I love you" better than I can say "I love you" myself. And while I'm not a ooey-gooey, lovey-dovey guy typically, I sat down last night after she and the kids were in bed and wrote her a letter, by hand, and left it where she would find it first thing in the morning...unfortunately she didn't, and we were walking around, said our "happy V-Day"s and she said she hadn't gotten me anything, but thought about it considering our last few months. I said I had thought the same thing. She found the letter a few minutes later, and gave me a big ol' hug and a butt squeeze.

So, it looks like she got a thought out letter, and I got a butt squeeze...

:wink:

Reactions: isufan

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron