Diallo, Davis, Granstaff, Ellenson, Johnson, Wilridge, Illikainen, Ryan

cped

Feb 3, 2012
Thought this would maybe be a new thread to keep track of the guys we are recruiting hard for 2015/2016. I realize we still need two guys to fill our 2014/2015 class, but these are the guys that are getting recruited hard now. Got this from Hines yesterday off his twitter page as he posted a nice piece, but these were how these guys were ranked.

I haven't done a whole lot of research to see if where we stand with these guys but this was how they were ranked on Hines page.

6. Cheick Diallo, F, 6-9, N.Y.

32. Eric Davis, PG, 6-3, Mich.
47. Austin Grandstaff, G/F, 6-5, Texas
62. Henry Ellenson, C/F, 6-9, Wisc.
71. Jarvis Johnson, PG, 6-0, Minn.
78. E’ttorion Wilridge, F, 6-6, Texas
93. Alex Illikainen, F, 6-8, Minn.
100. Matt Ryan, G/F, 6-6, N.Y.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
Nice to see us dipping into Texas a little after recruits, that has been an emerging recruit destination recently. Cross those fingers and change your avatars for Diallo!

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
This hopefully will be an appropriate use of a mega thread. I really like our chances with Grandstaff for some reason. I heard that Alex Illikanianen is probably going to Cal. Seanna Johnson could help us out with Jarvis( I think they are related in some way). Diallo would be huge, but my gut says Syracuse is where he will end up. I don't know anything else about the other guys, but if we could just land 2 or 3 of them and land a transfer or Juco things will be looking pretty nice in 2 years.

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
Texas is definitely an area we should be able to pull talent from. We have the benefit of playing 4 games per year in the state, and none of the in-state programs are at a point where they are guaranteed the top level recruits.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I'm to the point where I don't want to know who we're after unless I read an article talking about who just committed. I had no idea about McKay and it was a pleasant surprise.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I know this is '15 and '16 recruits, but are we looking at Malou and Clark right now for our '14 scholarships? Or are there other options?

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
No inside information whatsoever but I'm thinking we get Ellenson. Gotta think Fred just shows him film of Georges and Royce all day.

ILiftWithRoyce

Feb 6, 2012
Ankeny
It'd be a great rebound for Abdelmassih to land Grandstaff. Also gotta love Fred going after 3 top 35 recruits (Rivals ratings) and yearly getting top 100 guys out of high school.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
It'd be a great rebound for Abdelmassih to land Grandstaff. Also gotta love Fred going after 3 top 35 recruits (Rivals ratings) and yearly getting top 100 guys out of high school.

This. I want to see him land a big fish on the recruiting trail because he deserves it. I think some people on here don't give him the credit that he deserves for the work he does recruiting.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
This hopefully will be an appropriate use of a mega thread. I really like our chances with Grandstaff for some reason. I heard that Alex Illikanianen is probably going to Cal. Seanna Johnson could help us out with Jarvis( I think they are related in some way). Diallo would be huge, but my gut says Syracuse is where he will end up. I don't know anything else about the other guys, but if we could just land 2 or 3 of them and land a transfer or Juco things will be looking pretty nice in 2 years.

Yes, in some way, like brother and sister some way. I won't be surprised fi we land Jarvis when Seanna was being recruited there were a few articles about these two being a "package deal".

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
I don't think we get Grandstaff. I think he opened up his recruitment to move up the food chain to a blue blood.

mkleve44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2012
West Des Moines
I don't know why, but I do not feel confident about any of our 2015 targets so far.

These are my complete guesses of where some of the recruits go.

Diallo stays on the East Coast.
Davis goes to Mighigan State
Grandstaff goes to Duke
Ellenson goes to Wisconsin or MN
Johnson goes to MN
Illikainen either goes to MN or ISU
No idea on Wilridge or Ryan

Hope I am wrong and we are able to land some big recruits. Just don't have any good feelings on some of the recruits.