Big 12 Tournament Tickets

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I apologize for the new thread as I know one exists for this, but I couldn't find it in search.

Are there any good sources for conference tournament tickets now, other than StubHub?

I know there was mention earlier of buying some through other schools like TCU and Baylor, but I haven't looked around yet. Thought I'd ask here.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
I've used stub hub on occasions to get good tickets without worrying about doing it in kc. If u don't care where u sit. I suggest scalping.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Go to KC and scalp them.

I tried scalping last year and prices were outrageous. It didn't help that there was a total of one ticket for both ISU-KU and KSU-OSU on the Friday I went down there. Ended up watching on the big screen in the Power & Light District.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Scalping wise... I bought 6-10 rows from the floor for OU and KU last year for about 100 per ticket per game. I thought was a pretty good deal.

ForeClones

Mar 12, 2012
Johnston, IA
Last I checked a couple days ago they were still available direct through the Sprint Center website. Probably not great seats but available for face.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Last I checked a couple days ago they were still available direct through the Sprint Center website. Probably not great seats but available for face.

I should've checked earlier. Only singles remain on there now. Thanks, though.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
We have a group headed down Friday AM. Taking a risk that ISU will still be in it then. Will scalping be easier or harder if ISU is in the semis Friday?

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
We have a group headed down Friday AM. Taking a risk that ISU will still be in it then. Will scalping be easier or harder if ISU is in the semis Friday?

I did the same last year. Scalper said "It's my lucky day" when I talked to him. Said he had been scalping there for a few years and Kansas, Iowa State, and Kansas State fans were a gold mine for him.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I did the same last year. Scalper said "It's my lucky day" when I talked to him. Said he had been scalping there for a few years and Kansas, Iowa State, and Kansas State fans were a gold mine for him.

Figured. When we did this two years ago, Mizzou fans took over the P&L. Made me sick hearing them chant SEC SEC SEC after they won.

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
The letter for tournament tickets said if you request tickets and don't hear from them by the 14th that your request will be honored. My guess is that ISU tickets will be showing up for sale soon from people who now have conflicts, bought extras etc

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
How does an All-Session Pass work? Am I able to sell the tickets for the session(s) that ISU isn't in, or is it just one ticket that I need to hold on to for the whole tournament?

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I tried scalping last year and prices were outrageous. It didn't help that there was a total of one ticket for both ISU-KU and KSU-OSU on the Friday I went down there. Ended up watching on the big screen in the Power & Light District.

How is watching in the P&L? I'm thinking about going down with friends and just watching outside, instead of spending money and hassle of tickets. Is it really crowded? Beer/food service decent, or just too many people?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
How does an All-Session Pass work? Am I able to sell the tickets for the session(s) that ISU isn't in, or is it just one ticket that I need to hold on to for the whole tournament?

Yes, you get tickets for each session

kansascy

Apr 28, 2006
Wichita, KS

They are individual session tickets, so you can sell what you don't use.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
How is watching in the P&L? I'm thinking about going down with friends and just watching outside, instead of spending money and hassle of tickets. Is it really crowded? Beer/food service decent, or just too many people?

It was pretty fun last year, but it is crowded. When we watched on Friday last year, the early game was ISU-KU and the late game was KSU-OSU. We got into the P&L right before tip for the ISU game as we had been searching for tickets right up until then. It was already crowded and we had to do some searching for a spot where we could see the screen, but we eventually found one - probably one of the last open spots where it would be comfortable for a group to watch from. The place was 55-60% or so KU fans, 25% KSU, and maybe 15% ISU with <5% OSU or other (saw at least a couple guys in Mizzou polos).

Tons of places to go in the P&L for drinks or whatever, and the big screen that they have the game on is pretty cool. KU fans are KU fans, especially when they're beating your team.

If your plan all along is to just hang out in the P&L, you shouldn't have trouble with the crowd. Like I said, we were looking for tickets right up to tip, so we got in late. It's a pretty good time if you can handle being around some KU fans that are drunk enough to tell you how they really feel about KU.

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008

A lot will depend on the weather. If it is nice, thousands will hang outside in the main pavillion area. If it is cold, then the bars/restaurants will be that much more crowded. In general, I thought last year was pretty crowded. The ISU-KU matchup on Friday night was a big event.

With MU gone and OSU not playing well, I think the crowds will be a little less this year, particularly if ISU and KU end up in opposite brackets.

But just hanging out in P&L if you cannot locate a ticket is still great fun, even if you have to watch the game(s) in a bar.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron