Here's to winning 7 straight to close the season

mitya51

Oct 9, 2012
. . . and placing 2nd in the Big 12. Or lets say we win 6 on the season and we rock the tourney- is there any chance we could be a 2 seed?

digZ

Sep 2, 2011
Colorado
Doubtful we could get to a 2 seed

If win out(regular season+conference tourney) no doubt we would be a 2 seed. Doubt that will happen cause we have to hold serve at home, beat Baylor and KSU on the road, and then go through KU in the conference tourney. If we manage to do that, no way we wouldn't be a 2 seed, and I would feel for anyone who goes up against us in the big dance.

I see this team's likely course as losing 1 more in the regular season(likely @KSU), ending up as the 3 seed, winning 1-2 in the conference tourney and getting a 4 seed.

Reactions: CyBobby

ISU2

Jun 21, 2013
If win out(regular season+conference tourney) no doubt we would be a 2 seed. Doubt that will happen cause we have to hold serve at home, beat Baylor and KSU on the road, and then go through KU in the conference tourney. If we manage to do that, no way we wouldn't be a 2 seed, and I would feel for anyone who goes up against us in the big dance.

I see this team's likely course as losing 1 more in the regular season(likely @KSU), ending up as the 3 seed, winning 1-2 in the conference tourney and getting a 4 seed.
That's what I figure they will be a 4 seed

mitya51

Oct 9, 2012
i'm aching to see us really tear it up the rest of the season and go into the Big 12 Tourney with confidence

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
K-State has been looking pretty good lately. The game at Manhattan could be ugly if we bring the effort we did last night. I'll be thrilled if we get that one, but right now I'm not banking on it.

Other than that, I like our chances the rest of the way. I think we win out at home and make some noise in the conference tourney. Excited to see where we get seeded in the dance.

88clone

Feb 3, 2014
West Des Moines
If we win out, finish second, and make the finals of the Big 12 Tournament (and let's say, for the sake of argument, lose in the finals), I don't see how they can keep out of a 2 seed. So many times, the top 2 teams in best conference in the nation will get a 1 and a 2. Sometimes even the 3rd place team will get a 3.

If we win out, we will:

--be ranked in the top 10
--have an RPI, in the top 10.
--have won 9 of 10
--would be 27-6.

Sounds like a 2 seed to me. Change our names to Duke and keep the same resume. Where would they be seeded?

88clone

Feb 3, 2014
West Des Moines
To add to my earlier post, the 4 2-seeds last year (I realize this is a different year, but just doing some comparing) were:
Duke 27-5 2nd in conference
Ohio State 26-7 2nd in conf.
Georgetown 25-6 2nd in conf.
Miami 27-6 1st in conf.

Again, if we win out (and that was the question) and I added onto that a very plausible 2nd in the conference tournament, I feel we would be a 2 seed, or at least a team that is heavy in the discussion for a 2.

mitya51

Oct 9, 2012
would like to think Morgantown was a fluke. that was a surprise to everyone.

K-State has been looking pretty good lately. The game at Manhattan could be ugly if we bring the effort we did last night. I'll be thrilled if we get that one, but right now I'm not banking on it.

Other than that, I like our chances the rest of the way. I think we win out at home and make some noise in the conference tourney. Excited to see where we get seeded in the dance.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
I cannot believe how confident you folks are after that last game. I would never talk of winning out, or predicting. The season entirely depends on getting stops in games or playing good defense. If the team does that they have a slim chance at this goal. Even then it will be difficult, this is the big 12 and big 12 referees. The team needs to play much better than they have, in order to reach this goal. They slack on defense after they go on a run, and let the other team back in it. This is a team that lets up. They cannot do that and expect great things to happen.

Reactions: ThurgoodMarshal

mcdrier

Dec 11, 2013
I would love for them to win out..I just do not think it is going to happen.

The WV game was an aberration for sure, but the team tends to struggle in parts of games, lose focus, get into foul trouble, settle for jump shots, settle for 3 ptrs, miss lay ups, etc. Sure they show flashes of being a great team, but I am not sure if they can win out.

But they tend to be too inconsistent. Last year they had McGee to rely on to get some quick points off the bench, but we do not have that this year. I think we will hold serve at home, and maybe get the TCU game on the road, and the Baylor win in Waco, but we are going to win at KSU.

I think we will be lucky to be a 4 seed and get into the South or Midwest Regions.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
would like to think Morgantown was a fluke. that was a surprise to everyone.

For me the loss was not a surprise, the blowout was.

*I am very concerned about @ KSU.
*I am concerned about Texas and WVU at home. Texas because ISU doesn't match up well with Texas' height and size and they are playing as well as anyone. WVU because Huggins always makes games ugly and anything can happen in an ugly game - that will never be an easy out.
*I am mildly concerned about Baylor and OSU. Baylor because they are talented. Even a blind squirrel (Drew) stumbles on an acorn now and then and if there is talent there (there is) look out when that happens. OSU because they have the ability to be good and a lot of time between now and the last game of the season to figure it out. It isn't like ISU dominated them in Stillwater.
*I am never not at all concerned about any Big 12 game because any team can lay an egg against anyone (see 2013 ISU at TTU and KU at TCU).

88clone

Feb 3, 2014
West Des Moines
I cannot believe how confident you folks are after that last game. I would never talk of winning out, or predicting. The season entirely depends on getting stops in games or playing good defense. If the team does that they have a slim chance at this goal. Even then it will be difficult, this is the big 12 and big 12 referees. The team needs to play much better than they have, in order to reach this goal. They slack on defense after they go on a run, and let the other team back in it. This is a team that lets up. They cannot do that and expect great things to happen.

I'm looking at it as running into a buzzsaw that was hitting everything at a time when they are on a hot streak, at home, against an opponent coming off a game just two days earlier. I think it will be a wake-up call and, combined with a relatively weak schedule (relative to the beginning of our conference schedule) I think we'll gel and go on a run. Win out? Not going to go that far, but I see us going on a hot streak, winning, I'll predict 8 of 10, and roll into the NCAA's as a 3 seed and go to the Elite 8.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron