If the bench is cleared against TCU...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
That will be interesting to see... if we do get the chance to clear the bench.

If we're up by 20 late in the game, and we're playing basically everyone, but Bubu does not get in the game, then I think we all know that he will NEVER see the court again as an ISU basketball player. It would basically tell us that Fred has been told that Bubu is not to see the court IMO.

mcdrier

Dec 11, 2013
I thought this thread was about a big brawl prediction during the game.
I tend to agree with the people who are saying the game will be a little closer than we would like to think.

I can see it being like the OU game last Sat. Maybe TCU will pull within a tie with us in the second half, but then ISU will put it away. I doubt ISU will win by 20, just b/c the way the end of college ball games end, with all the time outs, and fouls. Maybe ISU will be up by 9 points and TCU will start to foul and prolong the game.

Interesting thing about Bubu....He may be black balled by Pollard. However, I would think he would give the team good minutes for the team...Remember he basically won the OU game in KC last year when Lucious could not hit the broad side of a barn. But this year, he would be behind Kane and Morris.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Bubu will never play again for ISU.

That's what I'm fearing as well. It would be a shame because I think he could provide us with some very meaningful minutes that would help the team. But Leath and JP have it out for him, so I'm sure they have told Fred their feelings on this.

Just VERY hypocritical of JP IMO to not let Bubu play when he's let convicted felons suit up and start for the football team time and time again. Sad.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
That's what I'm fearing as well. It would be a shame because I think he could provide us with some very meaningful minutes that would help the team. But Leath and JP have it out for him, so I'm sure they have told Fred their feelings on this.

Just VERY hypocritical of JP IMO to not let Bubu play when he's let convicted felons suit up and start for the football team time and time again. Sad.

Good point! Honestly never put it in this perspective.

But still, I see it hard for him to try to compete for minutes at PG with Man Man and Kane.

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale

I don't think it is JP, but Leath, pulling the strings.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
This thread begs for a poll.

My guess though is no. Barring injuries or some really strange foul situation, I don't think we will see Bubu in a game again. At this point, I think (and hope) ISU just wants this whole thing to die without much more attention. It would not surprise me if they and the BOR pull out of any further court action and I think they should do that.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
You all are delusional. Leath and JP both said the decision is up to Fred if he wants to play Bubu or not, but keep blaming away.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
That will be interesting to see... if we do get the chance to clear the bench.

If we're up by 20 late in the game, and we're playing basically everyone, but Bubu does not get in the game, then I think we all know that he will NEVER see the court again as an ISU basketball player. It would basically tell us that Fred has been told that Bubu is not to see the court IMO.

I'm not convinced it ISN'T CFH's call.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Agree, Leath made the decision, JP is just standing behind it

More irrational JP bashing over this. Athletics reinstated him and allowed him to play last year after the charges were dropped, so if anything is up it is because of Leath. Or maybe if he doesn't play, it is because he is a third stringer who hasn't practiced all year. I bet Ellerman doesn't get into games because JP doesn't like him either.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

Fred doesn't want Bubu on the team. JP is backing him up.