NFL FA

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Thought i would start a thread about some of the FA's and some of the guys that have been cut, i just saw the Chargers let Neal go (their FB) and all i have to say is if the Packers are not talking to him right now i would be veery disapointed

kewl_kasey

Jan 21, 2008
Thought i would start a thread about some of the FA's and some of the guys that have been cut, i just saw the Chargers let Neal go (their FB) and all i have to say is if the Packers are not talking to him right now i would be veery disapointed

what is it with packers fans??!!?? The packers NEVER go after the big free agents on the market. As Mike and Mike discussed yesterday, the last big free agent they picked up was Reggie White. They aren't going to go after Neal or Michael Turner or any other big name guy who isnt named brett favre.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006

Neal started to show signs of decline this year, although he was hurt so.. He's also 37. I think part of it is Norv not using him as much, but Neal was money on the goal line and short yardage, and his blocking ability for LT was really critical.

shildreth

Mar 28, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
what is it with packers fans??!!?? The packers NEVER go after the big free agents on the market. As Mike and Mike discussed yesterday, the last big free agent they picked up was Reggie White. They aren't going to go after Neal or Michael Turner or any other big name guy who isnt named brett favre.

Charles Woodson...

But they also don't need to. Got to the NFC Championship by drafting smart and holding on to necessary talent. No need to spend big $ on FA busts.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Chiefs have way too many needs right now and for some reason I don't see them making a big splash in FA either. Carl will probably find a way to mess up the draft too like he always does. Probably do something stupid like drafting a TE or DL with their 1st rounder because "he was the most talented guy on the board" despite having depth or a pro-bowl player already at one of those positions.

Cloner97

Apr 11, 2006
It's a joke that the FA period started at midnight and there's guys that have deals as soon as it opens. I hope the Chiefs nut up and pull the trigger on some OL and CB's

shildreth

Mar 28, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Sounds like it's all over anyway. Anderson signed with the Browns.

Its actually just starting. They sign him so they can trade him and get compensated a 1st and 3rd round pick (mandatory). If they didn't they could lose him and get nothing in return. It's a roll of the dice but if they sign him for lower salary some teams take the draft pick hits.

zumbro clones

Jan 31, 2007
Southern Minnesota
I only have 2 questions: Who? and Who?

FB from Eagles and safety from the Bengals.

A busy day at Winter Park
February 29th, 2008 – 11:23 AM by Judd Zulgad

Madieu Williams is on the way to town to sign a contract. Bernard Berrian is en route and will likely be presented with a substantial offer. And then there is former Gophers and St. Paul Johnson standout Thomas Tapeh, who also is set to visit today. We’ve confirmed that Tapeh definitely should be meeting with the Vikings at some point.

Brad Childress is familiar with the fullback having coached him with the Eagles. Tapeh, who is 6-1, 243 pounds, was a fifth-round choice of Philly in 2004. He not only would replace Tony Richardson as the lead blocker for Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor but also would be used on special teams. Tapeh will turn 28 years old on March 28.

superfan

Oct 8, 2006
League City, TX

Well the Pack made a move, just not the one you were thinking about. Traded Corey Williams to Cleveland for their 2nd-rounder, which happens to be their first pick this year due to the trade to Dallas for Brady Quinn last year. He'll probably play DE in their 3-4 scheme.

Brilliant move by Thompson. CW is a good player, but isn't worth the kind of money he got paid (6 years, $38 million with $16.3 in guaranteed money - about double Ryan Pickett's deal and even more than Aaron Kampman's contract). Without the franchise tag, there's no way he stays in Green Bay. Slaps the tag on him, trades him, and now has 3 of the first 60 picks in the draft.

CB, OT, TE. Get some youth behind Harris, Woodson, Clifton and Tauscher and a replacement for Bubba.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Sage to the Vikings would be sweet.

The Saint Paul Pioneer Press said this morning that the Vikings offered a third round pick for Sage, but the Texans weren't interested.

It also said that he would definitely be here as a backup to Tarvaris Jackson if he came...I would have hoped he would compete for a starting position.