Media Butthurt over CPR and Lazard

cyhawkdmb

Jul 13, 2010
CB
Listening to Murph and Andy and cannot get over the butthurt right now. Also saw a article from Tommy Birch. Same butthurt.

I know do we really need another thread? probably not. But It is ridiculous right now.

Even sounded like M&A took a jab at Lazard. Saying (paraphrasing) well I never heard Lazard not answer any of the questions he was asked.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Garmen was all up in arms too....Ken Miller to an extent as well.

wish they would have some guts and get Rhoads on and talk 1 on 1 about it.

These are the same guys who complain about how coaches give "coach speech" all the time. Then when a coach speaks his mind, they get all butthurt.

Hey, maybe if you didn't run article after article of speculating if Lazard is 100%, you might earn some good graces. Even Marty Tirrell admitted he is eating crow.

Reactions: CyBobby

iowast8fan

Aug 3, 2006
Ankeny
Someone else commented that all Iowa's freshmen are off-limits to the press. Can anyone confirm that? if so, what is the big deal about Lazard being off limits. Probably just the fact that CPR had the "balls" to call out the press. Good for him!

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
The media did this to themselves. Actually unfollowed Murphy on twitter because his tweets about it were so annoying. He doesn't run this program, and his media buddies wore out their welcome.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Murph and Andy don't get it BECAUSE they are so impartial and neither is truly and Iowa or ISU fan.

Sears is an obvious Hawkeye fan with an axe to grind against ISU. He called ISU "Clowns" in a broadcast and then a few weeks later did that incredibly insulting interview. I like Murph and Andy a lot, but they're defending their friend too hard here. Anyone who thinks those two things are just coincidence is being willfully ignorant, nobody could know for sure, but it's highly unlikely.

I have no way to call in, but I hope ISU fans that do make sure they tell them they know they are making all good points...but they're not a part of the rivalry like Sears and many many other local media people clearly are.

cyhawkdmb

Jul 13, 2010
CB
M&A said it was justified to keep asking because of the guy who switched from Iowa to Alabama, and also because of ISU's bad season. WTF...

Cy83ag

Mar 20, 2010
Earlham
Did CPR call out all of the media or just some in particular? There were a lot of tweets(?) on here last fall attributed to Tirrell calling out Lazard for not going to Notre Dame. I didn't think CPR's comments were about all the media, just a few.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
M&A said it was justified to keep asking because of the guy who switched from Iowa to Alabama, and also because of ISU's bad season. WTF...

I'll be waiting for the day someone on WHO covers an Iowa "Squawks" game and then a few weeks later has an interview with Iowa's best recruit ever asking him why he doesn't dump Iowa 20 times. I mean since it's all simple and no media members are anti-ISU it's bound to happen!

So delusional. I forgive them because it comes from wanting to defend their coworker, but in this case their nature of being outside the rivalry is blinding them.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Someone call in and tell them that part of the "context of the time" they keep mentioning is that the guy called ISU "Clowns" a few days before. It's not some wild conspiracy theory, it's incredibly reasonable to think a Hawkeye is a Hawkeye.

Not even getting into all the print stories that ran for months.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
There is far more butthurt in this thread than there is by the media

There was "butthurt" from obvious Hawkeye fans in the media all along, and now they're bummed he didn't leave.

Now today there's different "butthurt" of people like Murph and Andy who can't comprehend that many of their peers actually are biased cheerleaders for either program. It's not that difficult and they're smart guys so I'm surprised they don't understand.

Take Andy being a lifelong Cards fan...let's say he gets a job in Chicago covering the Cubs...then right away he gets caught on tape calling them the Chicago Turds...then the next day he asks the Cubs free agent target 20 times why he'd play for a crappy team like the Cubs.......and they expect rational people to think Andy loves the Cubs and is only so so about the Cards. That's asinine.

Brad4Cyclones

Dec 13, 2011
There is far more butthurt in this thread than there is by the media

I'm not surprised you would think that.

Check out social media and listen to their shows. The media is acting like Rhoads told them they can no longer cover the entire ISU team.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
Murphy is delusional if he cannot admit to the embarrassing coverage the media provided in regard to Lazard's recruitment.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Murphy is delusional if he cannot admit to the embarrassing coverage the media provided in regard to Lazard's recruitment.

They're too removed from the rivalry and can't realize many of their coworkers have lived it their whole lives and could never fully get rid of it. M&A weren't cheering for him to leave, but anyone who thinks nobody in the media was is being very delusional.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron