Regents approve SEZ go-ahead

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
remember that one game two years ago where the sound was SO LOUD from the video board it was almost unbearable?

now we'll have that x 2, give our players earplugs, and win.

A funny note about that game. My dad has bad hearing and thinks he's too young for hearing aids even though he's 65. He honestly had no clue what people were complaining about during that entire game.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
You know what would go well with two jumbotrons? A ribbon board. It would really tie the stadium together.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
Iowa State would be electric with two jumbo trons and ribbon board.

You're right. This would look amazing hanging up at JTS.

img_1479a_edited-2.jpg

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
I wonder if this means 60K Physical seats? Or are they trying to get to 57K physical seats and 3K GA Hillside seats in the North Endzone.

If it were 60K physical seats then that would allow for another 3-4K Hillside in the north with a scoreboard view.
Giddy...

I guess what I am saying is if they could dress up the north Hills a little bit (even if its 10 rows of seats that would be awesome.

With the new south endzone, 2 new big time scoreboards, indoor facility, New football facility we are now in line with the middle tier.

The remaining issue is the pressbox, but its not fair because if you combine the current press box, current suites, the club seating and possibly new suites in the SEZ we would probably have a huge press box.

Last edited:

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
The only thing that concerns me is the 30 Million number. that doesn't seem like a lot..

Didn't our suites on the west side cost 19 million?
At least the project says "up to $60 Million"

I can't imagine a replica scoreboard costing any less than $5 million being it is above the 2nd deck.