Regents approve SEZ go-ahead

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.

Alex Halsted@AlexHalsted
The Iowa Board of Regents has approved Iowa State's plans to proceed with its Jack Trice Stadium project, specifically the south end zone.

Alex Halsted@AlexHalsted
That means the contraction manager for the JTS project will be The Weitz Company. The project won't exceed $60 million, they say.

Both re-tweets by Chris Williams. Alex Halsted is Sports Editor for the Daily.

isuska

Jun 22, 2011
Ankeny, IA
More:
Alex Halsted@AlexHalsted
According to Warren Madden of Iowa State, the end zone would be about a $30 million enclosure. Documents say it includes an upper-deck.

Alex Halsted@AlexHalsted
According to documents, and confirmed by Madden, there will be a new scoreboard in the south end zone of JTS with the expansion.

giphy.gif

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
More:
Alex Halsted@AlexHalsted
According to Warren Madden of Iowa State, the end zone would be about a $30 million enclosure. Documents say it includes an upper-deck.

Alex Halsted@AlexHalsted
According to documents, and confirmed by Madden, there will be a new scoreboard in the south end zone of JTS with the expansion.

As someone with season tickets near the north endzone, I'm really happy about this. Always a tough call when the play is taking place on that end of the field where to look.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
possibly the most important of the series of tweets

Alex Halsted@AlexHalsted 15m
This appears new: They hope to reach 60,000 seats at Jack Trice Stadium. The hope remains to be done by Fall 2015 season. #Cyclones

This seems very realistic and should be a great number for ISU to thrive at. 60k sounds like so much more than 56,800 to me for some reason. i can't wait to see some rendering of how they work Reiman into the south entrance, should be impressive!

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
This seems very realistic and should be a great number for ISU to thrive at. 60k sounds like so much more than 56,800 to me for some reason. i can't wait to see some rendering of how they work Reiman into the south entrance, should be impressive!

There's no reason with the gardens right there that ISU shouldn't have one of the most beautiful stadium entrances in college football.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
remember that one game two years ago where the sound was SO LOUD from the video board it was almost unbearable?

now we'll have that x 2, give our players earplugs, and win.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron