It's great how the narrative changes after this weekend

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
Lots of fans and pundits were talking about how we were 1-4 in our last 5 games before Oklahoma game. Now after last night, we are 3-1 with 3 wins over ranked teams in our last 4. Now heading into the soft spot of our schedule.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Lots of fans and pundits were talking about how we were 1-4 in our last 5 games before Oklahoma game. Now after last night, we are 3-1 with 3 wins over ranked teams in our last 4. Now heading into the soft spot of our schedule.

Right.

I noticed that ESPN showed the 1-4 thing while neglecting to mention we got beat by a top ten KU team twice. Pardon me if I'm not griping after two losses to KU and two other ranked teams at their places...

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
We finish strong and this is an incredibly season--maybe the program's second-best ever after the Elite Eight appearance and the Malice in the Palace.

USA Today | Sports | NCAAB

Elo has us at #10. I'm not objecting to that one bit.

(Iowa at #6? Wow. That was a bigger game than we all, Hawkeyes included, though even at the time.)

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
We finish strong and this is an incredibly season--maybe the program's second-best ever after the Elite Eight appearance and the Malice in the Palace.

(Iowa at #6? Wow. That was a bigger game than we all, Hawkeyes included, though even at the time.)

I must be a ******* moron, because I have no idea how anything could have Iowa above Iowa State. Wins over Top 25, wins on the road. Losses about similar. Oh right, and the fact that we beat them!

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Jay Mohr just talked about the college basketball from last night, mentioned the Syracuse win and then said that even bigger than that was the Iowa State win at Stillwater. He said "that was really big, my friends".

I was just with Jay Mohr last Tuesday night! No lie. We talked at length about his mad-love for the Cyclones and Paul Rhoads. He actually does a great impression of CPR and the "So Proud"-thing, although he kinda wears it out after a few minutes. "I am so proud to drink this scotch!" "You don't just throw your arm around a guy, and hit on his girlfriend!"

photo.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I was just with Jay Mohr last Tuesday night! No lie. We talked at length about his mad-love for the Cyclones and Paul Rhoads. He actually does a great impression of CPR and the "So Proud"-thing, although he kinda wears it out after a few minutes. "I am so proud to drink this scotch!" "You don't just throw your arm around a guy, and hit on his girlfriend!"

Awesome.....Jay Mohr seems like a guy that would be awesome to hang out with. Just constantly upbeat and positive.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010

View attachment 24688

Awesome to meet him....less than awesome red-eye reduction :spinny:

I have loved Jay as a comic for a long time...came to ISU back in the day for a stand up show and went 2+ hours.

I had emailed him one time back then and he wrote back and we corresponded a few weeks..legit sports fan, nice person.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha

We live in a world of overreactions. If Long misses that shot, many ISU fans are mailing it in stating that the team is doomed and headed for a free fall. Since they won, many ISU fans now proclaiming them on their way to winning out and getting a #1 seed. People lose their minds trying to predict the future. Projecting future results right after an exciting, huge win is like going to a bar, getting wasted and then trying to find your future spouse. Probably not a good idea.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Jay Mohr has this irrational crush on all things Iowa State. While totally awesome, there is no logical reason why he loves us so much and is always giving us props on air.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
www.oldschoolradical.com
Jay Mohr has this irrational crush on all things Iowa State. While totally awesome, there is no logical reason why he loves us so much and is always giving us props on air.

I attribute it to CPR, maybe? The passion and fire of Coach Rhoads drew a lot of national attention and Jay seems like a sucker for that kind of thing.

Apr 19, 2006
We live in a world of overreactions. If Long misses that shot, many ISU fans are mailing it in stating that the team is doomed and headed for a free fall. Since they won, many ISU fans now proclaiming them on their way to winning out and getting a #1 seed. People lose their minds trying to predict the future. Projecting future results right after an exciting, huge win is like going to a bar, getting wasted and then trying to find your future spouse. Probably not a good idea.

If smiff!! Live in the now, we won!!!!!!!! 9 out of 10 times Lucy takes the ball and Chuck ends up on his back as we Cyclone fans have seen way too many times. This time good ol' Chuck booted that Beotch right through the uprights! Enjoy it while we can as we've been on the other end of the stick too many times.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
www.oldschoolradical.com
If smiff!! Live in the now, we won!!!!!!!! 9 out of 10 times Lucy takes the ball and Chuck ends up on his back as we Cyclone fans have seen way too many times. This time good ol' Chuck booted that Beotch right through the uprights! Enjoy it while we can as we've been on the other end of the stick too many times.

I don't think Twocoach enjoyed our win as much as the KU win tonight

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids

even the article in the paper said "won for just the third time in seven games" not mentioning games against. could have said won 3 of 4 instead.

CYUL8R

Feb 13, 2012
Any win over Flip Flopper is a good win. I was very pleased to see ISU win that game. They played great.

One thing everyone in the Big XII can agree on...the Flopper got his due last night. I keep watching the highlight of him getting pounded by Kane after the first flop. His head bouncing off the court was a thing of beauty.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
One thing everyone in the Big XII can agree on...the Flopper got his due last night. I keep watching the highlight of him getting pounded by Kane after the first flop. His head bouncing off the court was a thing of beauty.

I could watch that over and over.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

Check me if I'm wrong Sandy but isn't it still a possibility to top that season?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron