What did Sherman actually say to Crabtree? HERE it is!

wamfam

Dec 13, 2013
Y! SPORTS

While only looking at the video, it looks as though Sherman may have said something derogatory to Crabtree to make Crabtree push/slap Shermans helmet. But with this audio, its clear that Sherman only says, "Helluva game. Helluva game." Thats all that was said at that time. So its actuallly Crabtree who was the bad sport at that time & NOT Sherman. I have to admit, I was wrong initially.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
He still should've just let him walk off the field. I'd like to see how Sherman react if the roles were reversed.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I think Crabtree knew what we all knew, though. There is no way in hell Sherman was being sincere; he was simply passive-aggressively rubbing it in Crabtree's face. Sherman called the guy mediocre and weak just a few seconds later; I don't get the sense there's a lot of respect in that relationship.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Sherman's in the wrong. Go celebrate with your teammates. Nothing good can come from approaching your opponent in that situation, even if you are saying "helluva game." Also, microphones were able to pick that up, but with how loud that stadium is do you think Crabtree even heard him say anything?

cydoge

Nov 14, 2013
Ankeny
2014-01-24-d3b7530.png

DOGHOUSE | Sports News and Commentary

Reactions: ThurgoodMarshal

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Bottomline: whether you're showing good sportmanship vs bad, normally we don't need post game analysis to help us determine which it is.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
Y! SPORTS

While only looking at the video, it looks as though Sherman may have said something derogatory to Crabtree to make Crabtree push/slap Shermans helmet. But with this audio, its clear that Sherman only says, "Helluva game. Helluva game." Thats all that was said at that time. So its actuallly Crabtree who was the bad sport at that time & NOT Sherman. I have to admit, I was wrong initially.

So Sherman wants us to excuse him for his post-game comments about 5 minutes after the game because he was in the heat of the moment. But he isn't going to excuse Crabtree for what he did about 2 seconds after losing a chance at the Super Bowl?

If anyone should be excused for their post-game actions as being in the heat of the moment, it would be Crabtree. He just lost a chance at the Super Bowl, his season is now over, and this guy you have been jawing with tries to shake you hand?

wamfam

Dec 13, 2013
So Sherman wants us to excuse him for his post-game comments about 5 minutes after the game because he was in the heat of the moment. But he isn't going to excuse Crabtree for what he did about 2 seconds after losing a chance at the Super Bowl?

If anyone should be excused for their post-game actions as being in the heat of the moment, it would be Crabtree. He just lost a chance at the Super Bowl, his season is now over, and this guy you have been jawing with tries to shake you hand?

Dont a lot of players exchange pleasantries immediately after games????? Why would this be any different?

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Crabtree got owned, and Sherman let him know about it. I'm all for trash talking in sports. Loved it back in the NBA in the 90's. Everyone is so damn politically correct these days.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I don't agree with how Sherman handled it, but on the other hand, WR's are generally always the cockiest, worst sportsmen on the field. And Crabtree falls into that category. So I can see why Sherman let him have it kind of.

And IMO, you HAVE to have this kind of confidence to play corner in the NFL. It is not a job for the timid and those without confidence. It is easily the hardest and worst position to play IMO. You are basically only noticed when you screw up. It's a pretty thankless job. And it's hard.

Sherman wouldn't be nearly the player he is without that kind of cockiness IMO. And he never swore or got physical at all, so it really was nothing to get worked up about. It's not how he should have handled it, but he got carried away and it's hard to blame him. You know darn well Crabtree would have let him have it if he had scored. So who cares? Just a little talk.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Crabtree didn't really get owned.

4 catches for 52 yards and zero td's. But you're right it wasn't (just) crabtree that got owned. Kap got owned. All of the niners receivers got owned. Best receiver had 5 receptions for 53 yards and a td.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron