Rohach Article (ESPN)

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I appreciate the positive story from ESPN, but let's be honest here. The stats are skewed because of the competition. That's not to say Grant won't turn it on this season. I certainly hope he does.

ILiftWithRoyce

Feb 6, 2012
Ankeny
Whether Richardson or Rohach (or someone else for that matter) wins the spot, I'm at least confident that Mangino will make whoever it is competent at the Big 12 level.

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
How many articles in the past have we had like this? We went through multiple QBs the past 3-4 seasons

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Yeah, probably just filling space, covering each team and looking for stories.

I think Sam and Grant both could be very good....just hope one clearly emerges in spring/fall ball...and are healthy.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I do have a bit more confidence that MM can help the qbs we do have grow where it seemed there was very little if any of that prior under CPR.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Love free press. ESPN really likes Rhoads and when Mangino is successful that will be a great story too. Cloud mean a lot of coverage in the next couple of years.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
I still hold a belief both Richardson and Rohach are quality quarterbacks, and our offensive line and Messingham were the large majority of problems last year.

Reactions: ElephantPie

JWIL4CY

Nov 17, 2010
Urbandale
It's pretty obvious we need 2 QBs to make it thru a season so I'm sure we will be seeing both Rohach and Richardson at some point this year.

wamfam

Dec 13, 2013
Love free press. ESPN really likes Rhoads and when Mangino is successful that will be a great story too. Cloud mean a lot of coverage in the next couple of years.
With all that success, say "bye-bye" Mangino after just 2 years!

ElephantPie

Aug 17, 2011
I still hold a belief both Richardson and Rohach are quality quarterbacks, and our offensive line and Messingham were the large majority of problems last year.

I agree. I think there are also a good number of Cyclone fans that would agree. For whatever reason, all the ESPN blog articles since the KU game have praised Rohach but have written off Richardson. I hope both of those guys and our other QBs have a great spring and a great competition.

With MM as OC, improvement in health and skill on the OL and WR, and several decent options for starting QBs, I'm starting to drink the kool-aid.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

I agree. My principle disappointment with Messingham was with the way he talked about his players, particularly the quarterbacks. This in particular struck me as poor leadership.

Reactions: ElephantPie

Newell

Aug 6, 2013
Whether Richardson or Rohach (or someone else for that matter) wins the spot, I'm at least confident that Mangino will make whoever it is competent at the Big 12 level.

If the starter starts to struggle do you think Rhoads will pull him and insert the backup or will that be Mangino's decision?

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa

Same here. I'm excited to see what they both look like when healthy, and proper coaching and playcalling :yes:

Londo

Apr 22, 2013
Wisconsin
I agree. I think there are also a good number of Cyclone fans that would agree. For whatever reason, all the ESPN blog articles since the KU game have praised Rohach but have written off Richardson. I hope both of those guys and our other QBs have a great spring and a great competition.

With MM as OC, improvement in health and skill on the OL and WR, and several decent options for starting QBs, I'm starting to drink the kool-aid.

ESPN is banking on icing our field for every game next year, we take the term "Frozen Tundra" to a whole new level!

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
I agree. My principle disappointment with Messingham was with the way he talked about his players, particularly the quarterbacks. This in particular struck me as poor leadership.

The weird thing is everything he said was true, but at some point he needed to take responsibility for the play calling. He also didn't seem to understand that not every play will work and coaches need to assume there will be dropped passes and missed opportunities.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron