ISU Gag Order??

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JAB

Aug 25, 2013
Apparently no one representing ISU, besides the basketball players, is talking about the status of Bubu Palo. The latest and most informative article I could find was on Sunday from Randy Peterson for USA Today. As I understand it, Bubu is on the team and practicing with the full support of his teammates.
Exactly a year ago, charges were dropped against Bubu, and he was reinstated to the team and CFH played him in 17 games last season. Then, he was found in violation of the Code of Conduct - in what appears to be some "Kangaroo Court" attempt to remove him from the team. An Administrative Law Judge saw no justification for this course of action and righteously overturned the COC decision. Then, strangely enough and with suspect timing, President Leath orders the enforcement of the COC decision that does not allow Bubu the option to transfer to another school to play basketball. And now, this brings us to last week's District Court ruling and order to temporarily reinstate Bubu to the team. Again, there was a citing no justification for the COC decision.

This now has taken the ugly shape that Bubu has been denied his due process. It is also inconsistent with how other ISU student athletes were handled in similar circumstances. And really, for those who are quick to judge and condemn Bubu, how different is his situation from that of the FSU quarterback who won the H-trophy and College Football National Championship?

JP issues statement calling the District Court ruling "disappointing" - which very well could have been done under a directive from President Leath. CFH cannot comment on Bubu's status and no one else from ISU administration is talking. Is Leath pulling the strings here? Has he issued a gag order? Is there action going on behind the scenes to find another way to remove Bubu from team?

This story is now the big elephant in the room and will not be going away anytime soon - though many people wish it would.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Is this an OpEd?

CloneAlta

Sep 9, 2010
Kansas City, MO
www.floorplanonline.com
Apparently no one representing ISU, besides the basketball players, is talking about the status of Bubu Palo. The latest and most informative article I could find was on Sunday from Randy Peterson for USA Today. As I understand it, Bubu is on the team and practicing with the full support of his teammates.
Exactly a year ago, charges were dropped against Bubu, and he was reinstated to the team and CFH played him in 17 games last season. Then, he was found in violation of the Code of Conduct - in what appears to be some "Kangaroo Court" attempt to remove him from the team. An Administrative Law Judge saw no justification for this course of action and righteously overturned the COC decision. Then, strangely enough and with suspect timing, President Leath orders the enforcement of the COC decision that does not allow Bubu the option to transfer to another school to play basketball. And now, this brings us to last week's District Court ruling and order to temporarily reinstate Bubu to the team. Again, there was a citing no justification for the COC decision.

This now has taken the ugly shape that Bubu has been denied his due process. It is also inconsistent with how other ISU student athletes were handled in similar circumstances. And really, for those who are quick to judge and condemn Bubu, how different is his situation from that of the FSU quarterback who won the H-trophy and College Football National Championship?

JP issues statement calling the District Court ruling "disappointing" - which very well could have been done under a directive from President Leath. CFH cannot comment on Bubu's status and no one else from ISU administration is talking. Is Leath pulling the strings here? Has he issued a gag order? Is there action going on behind the scenes to find another way to remove Bubu from team?

This story is now the big elephant in the room and will not be going away anytime soon - though many people wish it would.

Take a look at who is on the BOR, recall the situation where one of the BOR members tried to force down the throat of Pres. Leath and ISU the acceptance of her husband's rather insignificant papers from his career in the U.S. Senate with all her terms and conditions, look into her background and then see if you can better understand what is REALLY going on behind the scenes. The behavior of all parties here---Leath, Pollard, Hoiberg---is so inconsistent with what we all have come to know of them that it just seems that we're dealing with a game of political payback because Leath/ISU would not capitulate to establishing a monument the way that BOR member wanted for her husband's papers. I might be wrong, but I'd bet a lot of money on this one.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
21462-Kelso-Burn--Ashton-Kutcher-U8LS.jpeg

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Murph/Andy talked about this some yesterday, but Hoiberg is in the odd spot. He was asked last night on the call in show (paraphrasing, would playing Bubu go against JPs wishes) and he quickly said "It wouldn't be appropriate for me to comment on that now."

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Take a look at who is on the BOR, recall the situation where one of the BOR members tried to force down the throat of Pres. Leath and ISU the acceptance of her husband's rather insignificant papers from his career in the U.S. Senate with all her terms and conditions, look into her background and then see if you can better understand what is REALLY going on behind the scenes. The behavior of all parties here---Leath, Pollard, Hoiberg---is so inconsistent with what we all have come to know of them that it just seems that we're dealing with a game of political payback because Leath/ISU would not capitulate to establishing a monument the way that BOR member wanted for her husband's papers. I might be wrong, but I'd bet a lot of money on this one.

Gotta be the Bilderburg group. The illuminati are pulling the wool over all of our eyes!

MaccloNe

Sep 21, 2011
Cool story bro! Maybe OP will tell us how he is related to our third string PG. Who else would say righteously?

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Is your hat made of tinfoil?

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN

This might be the most ridiculous post on a topic that has seen some of the most ridiculous posts in CF history...so congrats!