B-Ball "players only" meeting, as per ESPN article this afternoon.

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I think CF posters should have been invited also. Well, just the good fans. Bad fans have to shovel snow at RCA.

Reactions: CyBobby

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
Didn't they do that too after KU? Didn't work then, but it's good to get stuff off your chest. They haven't played together and are not on the same page. Offense looks stagnant, defense is a joke and lots of turnovers. Lots of it is such dumb mistakes but they aren't being corrected. OU, KU and Texas got whatever they wanted against us. The game plans seem silly to me to but I know nothing. Hopefully this helps

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Didn't they do that too after KU? Didn't work then, but it's good to get stuff off your chest. They haven't played together and are not on the same page. Offense looks stagnant, defense is a joke and lots of turnovers. Lots of it is such dumb mistakes but they aren't being corrected. OU, KU and Texas got whatever they wanted against us. The game plans seem silly to me to but I know nothing. Hopefully this helps

Agreed

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
"We're going to let coach (Hoiberg) handle Bubu. He's on our team now. We want him to be back on our team. You know, we missed him," senior point guard DeAndre Kane said. "We're happy for him. We know he's excited to be back on the team."

Seems weird considering the two didn't even play together. Why not quote another player like Ejim or Niang?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
"We're going to let coach (Hoiberg) handle Bubu. He's on our team now. We want him to be back on our team. You know, we missed him," senior point guard DeAndre Kane said. "We're happy for him. We know he's excited to be back on the team."

Seems weird considering the two didn't even play together. Why not quote another player like Ejim or Niang?

Kane is the only one that doesn't hate him.

:jimlad:

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

Kane was the one that asked. Kane also knows Bubu fairly well since Bubu was on the team this summer when Kane was as well.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Kane was the one that asked. Kane also knows Bubu fairly well since Bubu was on the team this summer when Kane was as well.

Not for very long though, didn't Kane need summer classes at Marshall to graduate? He missed the CCL?

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I think Matt Thomas just needs to launch a 27-footer first possession next game, give double-bookers to the crowd, and all will be fine again.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think Matt Thomas just needs to launch a 27-footer first possession next game, give double-bookers to the crowd, and all will be fine again.

scott-christopherson.jpg

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
Not for very long though, didn't Kane need summer classes at Marshall to graduate? He missed the CCL?

Would guess he is the one that was sought out for a response as well. Anyone think there could be a chemistry issue as Ejim and Niang were going to be the "stars" on the team and now Kane is the one with all the press? Some reports from Marshall that Kane wasn't a players' favorite. Could that be the problem?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

Yeah, but I think he was in town for some of the CCL even though he didn't play. And it's not like Bubu has gone away. I am guessing he still lives with some of his teammates and I'd be shocked if he hadn't been around the team in a informal setting quite a bit.

Spam

May 21, 2008
Would guess he is the one that was sought out for a response as well. Anyone think there could be a chemistry issue as Ejim and Niang were going to be the "stars" on the team and now Kane is the one with all the press? Some reports from Marshall that Kane wasn't a players' favorite. Could that be the problem?

I am not seeing any chemistry issues.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO

14-0 = awesome team chemistry
Loose a few games - chemistry?

Lots of season left to play.

PS. You're doing it wrong. Kane isn't the CF nominated whipping boy this season. That one is all Thomas.

Reactions: BigBake

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

The game plan gives questionable shooters shots where the odds are in our favor. And the odds have been kicking us in the face.

ISU_Clone_28

Mar 27, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA

Kane just wants to win.. period. Maybe he thinks Bubu can help make that happen. If the players are behind it.... I can get behind that.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I think CF posters should have been invited also. Well, just the good fans. Bad fans have to shovel snow at RCA.

But not ESPN guy Miles Simons! He is "bad" since he mentioned a couple of our guys by name that haven't been playing well! Oh, no!

:smile: