Interactive map tracks every D1 football players hometown

kc_clone

Apr 16, 2006
This is a pretty neat interactive map. You can see the hometown of every single D1 football player from 2013. You can even change it to show per capita from each county in the country if you want. You can show by specific conference and also by each specific school. Not much out of state recruiting at some of the Texas schools! Kind of neat to see where all ISU players are from with a visual.

I can't imagine how much time went into developing this!

Footballscoop post This interactive map tracks where every Division I player comes from

Map of All of D1 Football Where Football Players Call Home

ISU_Clone_28

Mar 27, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA

Not sure if this is a dig at Iowa but cant really say much about them hitting up the local area. Seems to be working fairly well for them. We are taking over Texas schools left overs and whomever the SEC schools didn't want out of the Florida markets. Not saying we can't win recruiting battles but lets face it... historically our football program hasn't been major players top choice of college. Looking forward to CPR, Mangino and Co to change the tide a bit on that though.

DFWClone

Aug 19, 2013
It's amazing the percentage of players that come from such a few counties in the US.

RedBlooded

Jun 11, 2010
cedar falls
Harris county Texas (Houston) produces the most D1 players per capita in the state of Texas. Of the D1 college age males only 0.23% play D1 football. Polk County has 0.28% D1 college aged males.

Last edited:

UraMallas

Jan 9, 2013
Iowa has a player from my home county (Boone) and I have no idea who that would be...

Help Support Us

Become a patron