Fred Hoiberg statement

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Per Murph and Andy, Bubu will not travel to Texas and too early to comment on anything else.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I will say I will lose alot of respect for Fred if he regurgitates the party line and doesn't let Bubu play.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
I will say I will lose alot of respect for Fred if he regurgitates the party line and doesn't let Bubu play.

Bubu hasn't been on the team all year, the chances of him being Big 12 ready at this point I will guess are slim. We may see him with Ellerman against TCU or Tech.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA

just wait to see how he handles it. From their tweets it looks like the players want Bubu back, and we all know how JP and Leath feel. He's in a tough spot and staying incredibly neutral and bland today is the best possible answer.

mr89ia

Mar 9, 2010
Madison,WI

I will lose a lot of respect if he plays Bubu. No good comes from it. He is a below average player, a distraction, and he needs to move on now. He brought this situation on himself, and it is no doubt a tough lesson to learn, but this nonsense of suing for your spot on team is pathetic.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA

Why should Bubu be allowed back? Can't athletic programs kick players off teams without needing a legal reason? He still gets his scholarship, so why is the team be obligated to let him play/practice? What right does Bubu have to be there that I wouldn't have? Can I go to court to force them to let me join the team? I guess I wasn't aware you can legally force your way onto an athletics program.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
just wait to see how he handles it. From their tweets it looks like the players want Bubu back, and we all know how JP and Leath feel. He's in a tough spot and staying incredibly neutral and bland today is the best possible answer.
I still think JP is just covering his *** with his new boss. Otherwise, why did JP reinstate him in the first place? For all we know, JP and CFH (and maybe even Leath) have all worked out what they would say and what stance they would appear to take with each other. At least, I hope JP didn't blindside CFH in any way with his statement.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
What if Fred doesn't want him on the team for basketball reasons?

In that case you let him on the team (he's already eating a scholarship after all) but give him the minutes you deem appropriate. Fred isnt going to put him out there if he doesnt think its the best option

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA

I'd say we all know how Leath feels. All we know about JP is what he said, but in this case I'd say it's possible that's not actually how he feels.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
Why should Bubu be allowed back? Can't athletic programs kick players off teams without needing a legal reason? He still gets his scholarship, so why is the team be obligated to let him play/practice? What right does Bubu have to be there that I wouldn't have? Can I go to court to force them to let me join the team? I guess I wasn't aware you can legally force your way onto an athletics program.

You can when it becomes a legal matter, and the judge feels you were wrongfully removed in the first place. It's not like he is just trying to force his way onto something that he was not a part of before.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

In this case, leath's handling of the situation harmed his ability to get a spot elsewhere, so you could make a case ISU owes that now.

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN

He already was allowed back. He played 17 games last year. Nothing in terms of the facts of this case changed between then and now. ISU should've kicked him off then or not at all. The issue is they drug this thing out so long (remember Bubu was on the team up until August this year!) so that all of Bubu's other options (transfer to DII/DIII, graduate over the summer and transfer to D1) were off the table.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
You can when it becomes a legal matter, and the judge feels you were wrongfully removed in the first place. It's not like he is just trying to force his way onto something that he was not a part of before.

being on a basketball team is a privilege............now if they would have kicked him out of school, then it is probably more of a legal matter. Hoiberg has the ability to allow anyone on his team that is eligible to play, if he doesn't want someone on his team he does not have a legal obligation to allow him.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron