Pregnant lady cravings

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Let's here some stories. What weird stuff did your significant other (or you if you are/were a pregnant female) crave while pregnant? I was at the grocery store once, and texted my pregnant wife to see if she wanted me to pick something up. Her reply? "Bring me a cake. An entire chocolate cake." She really wanted it, too.

...and the real reason for me creating this thread is just an excuse to post this link:
Keyshia eating nappies addiction: Meet the young mum-to-be who is addicted to eating SOILED NAPPIES - Mirror Online

Enjoy!

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Let's here some stories. What weird stuff did your significant other (or you if you are/were a pregnant female) crave while pregnant? I was at the grocery store once, and texted my pregnant wife to see if she wanted me to pick something up. Her reply? "Bring me a cake. An entire chocolate cake." She really wanted it, too.

...and the real reason for me creating this thread is just an excuse to post this link:
Keyshia eating nappies addiction: Meet the young mum-to-be who is addicted to eating SOILED NAPPIES - Mirror Online

Enjoy!

You neglected to mention that she took about four bites, barfed it all up, and then couldn't even look at the rest of it.

I can't stop gagging over the diapers.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
You neglected to mention that she took about four bites, barfed it all up, and then couldn't even look at the rest of it.

I can't stop gagging over the diapers.

Yeah, how could I forget the best part? The part where it was all a waste.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
I have a 2-month old at home. My wife didn't really have cravings so much as she had aversions, at least at first. She used to love sweet potatoes and black beans, then a month or two into her pregnancy she got nauseous just thinking about them. Later in the pregnancy she craved red meat constantly, so we made pretty frequent trips to the local burger joint.

Post-pregnancy, she seems to have settled down a little bit, although she's omitted dairy (including soy) from her diet, so she craves cheese and butter but can't have them. She was also already a Celiac so had omitted gluten... which makes an entire chocolate cake a little more difficult to come by.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
With our first we went about 2 weeks straight getting a DQ Cookie Dough Blizzard every night. I certainly did not do anything to stop that craving.

TruClone

Mar 25, 2009
Quad Cities
My first wife craved Chinese food and slathered a mix of sweet and sour sauce mixed with hot mustard all over it. Got a vasectomy just so I did not have the witness that **** again.

cyflier

Apr 13, 2006
Aren't pregnant women suppose to crave more time in the "bedroom," or is this just an old wise tail? If its true, it is definitely not the case for my wife who is 7 months pregnant.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
We literally had Chinese food 4 days a week. She had aversions to hamburger and mushrooms.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Tomatoes.

This is weird because my wife hates tomatoes when she's not pregnant. When she's pregnant she wants tomatoes on everything. I don't get it. I love tomatoes. I have serious thoughts about having more children simply so I can make meals that include tomatoes. Women are insane.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Aren't pregnant women suppose to crave more time in the "bedroom," or is this just an old wise tail? If its true, it is definitely not the case for my wife who is 7 months pregnant.

This was true on our first. The following two it was non-existent.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
With our first we went about 2 weeks straight getting a DQ Cookie Dough Blizzard every night. I certainly did not do anything to stop that craving.

that sounds awesome. Husband already knows that when that day comes for us, we need to buy stock in DQ/Culver's because I will likely try to subsist on ice cream.

And that was a really nasty bait-and-switch by Janny. Normal, normal, normal, EATING ****** DIAPER ALERT.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
My wife didn't have anything overly odd. McDonald's hamburgers though became a staple, which is only strange because my wife never has liked eating anything at McDonald's. The other was a cherry dipped cone from Dairy Queen. One night she is freaking, yelling at me to go get her one, but I was kind of laughing because it was 11pm in February. Not only is it too late for DQ to be open, but our DQ used to only be open from March to November. Anyways, first day it was open again, I bought 2 boxes of the cherry coated dilly bars and hid them in the chest freezer downstairs. This way, when the midnight craving hit, I had the fix ready for her.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
that sounds awesome. Husband already knows that when that day comes for us, we need to buy stock in DQ/Culver's because I will likely try to subsist on ice cream.

And that was a really nasty bait-and-switch by Janny. Normal, normal, normal, EATING ****** DIAPER ALERT.

If you can still eat it. Your normal likes/dislikes can get messed up.