Our last win in Austin

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
I remember watching the end of that game in a packed bar in Perry after the BRR ride. It was crazy.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
If only this years team had Jared Homan....:cute:
He's the missing cog. Seriously though, that 2005 team was pretty good. Can't believe they returned Clark, Stinson, Blalock, and Carr in 2006 and didn't even come close to sniffing the tourney. Can't help but wonder what may have happened in '07 with a senior back court (Stinson, Blalock) and if Carr hadn't transferred. If I remember right, Morgan's departure kind of led to all of that fallout.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
He's the missing cog. Seriously though, that 2005 team was pretty good. Can't believe they returned Clark, Stinson, Blalock, and Carr in 2006 and didn't even come close to sniffing the tourney. Can't help but wonder what may have happened in '07 with a senior back court (Stinson, Blalock) and if Carr hadn't transferred. If I remember right, Morgan's departure kind of led to all of that fallout.
Our front court couldn't defend anyone to save their lives in Morgans last year.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Texas hasn't been good for awhile I am surprised we havnt gotten them in the last couple of years. This year they are improved however

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

2006 had some high expectations -- we were losing Homan but bringing in a great post recruit in Taggart. Along with Hubalek, Marsden, and Jessan Freaking Gray.

Makes you realize how good Homan, and to a lesser extent, Staple were.

ISU_Clone_28

Mar 27, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
Miss the good old days of Homan getting arrested like every other week.

Im pretty surprised Homan didn't have any issues that I can recall. I remember seeing that dude in Mojazz on Lincoln Way all the time for the any coin any drink and the dude was just near black out drunk all the time.

I did love how at the end of that game in Texas, Carr had the ball at center court stomping on the Longhorn logo if I remember right. Was pretty entertaining watching people get riled up.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
2006 had some high expectations -- we were losing Homan but bringing in a great post recruit in Taggart. Along with Hubalek, Marsden, and Jessan Freaking Gray.

Makes you realize how good Homan, and to a lesser extent, Staple were.

.....and how bad Morgan was

Mumbai1986

Mar 9, 2008
Arlington, VA
...and how much better he was than McDermott. What a downhill slide we took since LE decided that drinking was the most important thing in his life. So glad we are back.

People like to pile on Wayne Morgan, but if I were to have a choice between him and McDermott, it is Wayne Morgan in a landslide.