11th Place

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
We are now in sole possession of 11th in the Big 12...two games ahead of CU. :sad:

Last year we finished tied for 8th.

Realistically, I don't see us getting out of the 11th spot unless we beat Missouri on the road. The CU game will be a must win otherwise we will be in danger of becoming the #12 seed.

We can't afford to be worse next year. Being worse means we will be the worst team in the Big 12.

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
I don't think being 11-12 for a year or two in the B12 is that big of deal for the future. Look at what A&M did after going 0-16.

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
IMO, I think with what the rest of the conference will lose to graduation and players turning pro, combined with our conference schedule next year being much more conveniant for us...we'll do much better in conference whether we are better or not (I think we will be).

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
Yah, I saw that... and its depressing. I really really really really really really really HOPE ISU will be on top half next year.... :(

Go CYCLONES for LIFE!

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
As bad as it is, I think last years team was better than this years, and that is not going in the right direction.

clonomaniac

Apr 12, 2006
St Louis, MO
IMO, I think with what the rest of the conference will lose to graduation and players turning pro, combined with our conference schedule next year being much more conveniant for us...we'll do much better in conference whether we are better or not (I think we will be).

I hate that mentality. We always look at next year. Last year we said the same thing. We keep looking ahead to next season, its just sad.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I hate that mentality. We always look at next year. Last year we said the same thing. We keep looking ahead to next season, its just sad.

Eventually "next year" needs to be realized and become "this year". I'm all about patience but at some point, we are going to have to start winning again.

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Like it or not, it's the reality for right now...I'd like to win the national title this year! But that's not going to happen, and I could sit here and complain about it after every loss, or I can accept the fact that a team playing three guys who came in this season as walk-ons in the guard court probably isn't going to accomplish great things.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
But that's not going to happen, and I could sit here and complain about it after every loss, or I can accept the fact that a team playing three guys who came in this season as walk-ons in the guard court probably isn't going to accomplish great things.

The problem with that mentality is that those three walk-on players are playing better than our leading scorer and stud 4-star recruit.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA

Unfortunately we aren't the only school in the conference allowd to recruit...

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Not blaming people for being frustrated with losing...so am I. Just looking at things from a realistic standpoint, and hoping people will hang in there for a little bit longer.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
The 11th seed in the tourney wouldn't be so bad(I realize finishing 11th is horrible but I'm being a spin doctor). We will be playing a 6th seed who is struggling or isn't that good, most likely Baylor, Texas A&M, Texas Tech etc. That 6/11 matchup is very winnable for us. In the next round we get the 3 seed, who even though they are struggling it will probably be K-State since they have a 2 game cushion on the 3rd spot. Those two rounds of games are very winnable for this group. Winning a game or two down in KC would shed some light on whats been a difficult season.

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I'll definately give you that...right now Haluska is outplaying Wesley, and Brackins is really in a slump. Both of those two do have a tremendous upside though, and hopefully Wesley can be 100% for a full season next year as opposed to 4 or 5 games.
The problem with that mentality is that those three walk-on players are playing better than our leading scorer and stud 4-star recruit.

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Kansas and Texas I'm sure will reload...but I have a hard time seeing Texas bringing in a pg better than Augustin, and I also have a hard time seeing Kansas being as good next year. Not saying we'll beat them, but they should both be down from this year...and there is NO WAY that KState is as good next year, no matter how crooked things are over there.
Unfortunately we aren't the only school in the conference allowd to recruit...