NFL: ***Official Playoffs Divisional Round Thread***

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Who ya got this weekend? What will you be watching for?

Saints @ Seahawks - Latest forecast is calling for heavy rain and high winds. If there's a secondary in the league that can match up with Brees and his receiving corps it's Seattle's. Combine that with New Orleans' recent struggles to protect Brees and the questionable availability of Pierre Thomas, and I like the Seahawks by a touchdown.

Colts @ Patriots - My head says Pats but my heart says Colts. I guess it comes down to the run game. Neither team plays good run defense. The Patriots are a substantially better rushing offense. Luck will make plays to keep it close, but the changing of the guard in the AFC is at least one more year away. Pats by six. I desperately hope I'm wrong.

Niners @ Panthers - Best game of the weekend. It should be a really hard hitting game and could be a coming out party for Luke Kuechly. Carolina didn't get a ton of national exposure this year, but this guy is an absolute machine at linebacker.
More playoff experience on San Fran's side and Kaepernick takes his game to another level in January. And I'm still not on the Cam Newton bandwagon. Niners by a field goal.

Chargers @ Broncos - I wouldn't be surprised if Denver starts out of the gate a little slowly on Sunday night and turns it on in the second half to run away with this one. The Chargers are a fun story (unless you're a Steelers or Bengals fan), but I guarantee you Manning picked the game film from their Thursday night game apart and will make the necessary adjustments. And I don't care what people in the organization are saying; Ken Whisenhunt's neverending parade of coaching interviews this week will prove to have been a major distraction. Philip Rivers is a scary X factor, but I like the Broncos by ten in a shootout.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
The popular upset pick is San Diego over Denver but I'm really starting to think the Colts could knock off the Patriots.

Yeah, the Chargers love is typical. A low seed wins their first round game and everyone hops on the bandwagon and forgets how good the #1 seed is. Rivers is scary but the Chargers are outmanned. I expect Denver to wear them down.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Look for Pats to all but shut down TY Hilton, because that's what they almost always do to a player coming off a huge game getting lots of media attention. However, I think the Colts still win this game due to their resiliancy all season long.

Colts/Denver rematch is what I'm hoping for in P.Manning's new house this time.

NFC aught to be quite interesting - no clue who comes out of either game. While the Saints did get pounded in the regular season by Seattle - I just do not see that happening again. Close game there - as will it be very close/smashmouth in Carolina.

Bad thing? Football season almost done. Boooooooo!

Good thing? ISU MBB/WBB undefeated. So I'm happy and so should y'll - if you're into that kind of thing.

Bu4ISU

Sep 2, 2012
Seattle
As a Seattle fan, it seems like our team can be kinda hated. Thoughts on the seahawks like ability anyone?

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
As a Seattle fan, it seems like our team can be kinda hated. Thoughts on the seahawks like ability anyone?

Richard Sherman is an asshat and Pete Carroll beat the NCAA out the back door after he broke rules. Other than those two I don't have a problem with the Seahawks.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
As a Denver fan, I don't really like the Seahawks, seems like it's a rivalry even though it isn't, mostly because of people debating all year what team is the best. A Seahawks-Broncos Super Bowl would be badass, a rematch of the old AFC West. Also, next years game Denver @ Seattle will be fun. Denver's schedule is ******* loaded.

Bu4ISU

Sep 2, 2012
Seattle
As a Denver fan, I don't really like the Seahawks, seems like it's a rivalry even though it isn't, mostly because of people debating all year what team is the best. A Seahawks-Broncos Super Bowl would be badass, a rematch of the old AFC West. Also, next years game Denver @ Seattle will be fun. Denver's schedule is ******* loaded.
Agreed. Hoping for a Denver v Seattle Super Bowl

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Everyone is talking up Peyton's playoff struggles especially against chargers. Hopefully Peyton shuts them up tomorrow.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
I'm really hoping the saints offense can get something going to make this a little more interesting of a game.

aforstate

Jan 23, 2010
Richard Sherman is an asshat...

As a Seattle fan, Jerramy Stevens is the biggest asshat to ever wear the uniform. Hated that guy.

Most people I know (non seattle fans) don't like Pete Carrol for obvious reasons. Tate does some pretty moronic things from time to time that make me cringe a bit.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron