Mevin and George & Other MBB Players at WBB game

mikedp

Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
These guys are not only great players, you see them at a lot of the WBB & VB games but tonight you saw 4-5 of them for the whole halftime and 2-3 minutes into the 2nd half doing photo shoots with kids, parents and kids, grown ups, etc and not complaining one bit. Elderly people came up for quick chit chat and they smiled and conversed with all and anyone that would come up to them.

Yes I agree there is some coaching to these young men about handling public appearances, but you can tell these guys are a team, supporting each other, and just genuine young men and understand the opportunity they have playing for CFH and in Hilton the house that Johnny built.

Group of great young men

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
Something you can always expect from Fred's teams: Being even better people than they are players. And with the level of talent we have on this team, that says something.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I've heard that the guys have gone to a Drake game or two this year and have been good ambassadors.

Naughtius

Oct 27, 2010
Central IA
You think these teams are like the '72 Dolphins, waiting for the other team to lose so they can open the bubbly? You gotta think there's a little friendly smack going on.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Georges, Mel, Naz & Naz's girlfriend (don't remember her name) were all at the Friday Energy game when Chris Babb's team was in town, and he faced off against Chris Allen.

The crowd reaction to them was the same there...and they were patient, polite, and really made the night for a whole bunch of kids (and adults). Lots of pictures & autographs that night.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Side note, in the pre game of the women's game, they were talking about how close the men's and women's team were, and even said there was a pair intermingled and dating. Any idea who that is? It was hard for me to pair someone up from each squad with the other.

Edit: looks like I was one post to late on asking.

Last edited:

DFWClone

Aug 19, 2013
I always see Niang in the dining hall. Dude is cool as can be. You'd think someone like him would have a big head but no, he's just another student.