Shaping of the football staff...

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Quote from Rhoads on if Mangino will handle QB's next year...

"Have not settled on that yet. Louis will definitely be running backs coach and as we figure out the next spot, we will decide whether Mark coordinates from the tight ends spot or from the quarterback position."

I am reading into this that Mark will do TE's and they hire outside for QB's. Just a guess. What do you guys think?

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I feel like the OC should always coach either the QBs or the Offensive Line. Just my opinion.

rbrook

Mar 23, 2006
Newton, IA
Visit site
I think he wants to sit down with Mark and see what he is most comfortable with. It may determine who the final hire is. He may have two guys on the line waiting.

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009
I hope he is the TE coach and we bring in someone to just focus on QB development, I would be happy if they hired a young QB coaching mind from a mid-major that is hungry to be an OC someday.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
My guess is it depends on which is open in who we hire or Mangino will coach the opposite of what we hire.

Either way I think we get one of them

rbrook

Mar 23, 2006
Newton, IA
Visit site
I would like Austin Flynn for either QB or TE coach. He also has Texas connections which is where he may be the most valuable initially. Plus he has OC aspirations and would learn from one of the best in Mangino. Maybe he could slide over as OC if/when Mangino leaves.

Last edited:

CYUL8R

Feb 13, 2012
All my wishes are being granted lately, so why not ask another...

Sage for QB coach. Groom him to take over for Mangino when he leaves in a few years. Make it happen, CPR.