Iowa State reached out to Behanan

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I'm shocked that us and Oregon were among the first to reach out to him. Just shocked.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Per "Sources" right now. I have no problem with ISU taking a look. Free Agents (aka: transfers) are an excellent way to infuse experience and talent on your squad.

I want Fred to take a look at any DI free agent and decide. He's been doing great at it so far.

Absolutely agree. He's batting 1.000 so far. My only thought is that if we do happen to get him, I think that's a ton of seniors to replace isn't it? I'm not good at remembering who we have coming in and what classes look like. But by then we could be a national power and it's a moot point. ;)

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny

What's not to be sure about? Was there something he did or some past that he has that tarnishes this news? I for one am for Fred taking whoever he feels can be a man of the community (regardless of past - See Royce, and to a lesser extent some of the other transfers) and can make a positive impact on this team. It looks to me like Behanan's had a pretty solid impact on a very good team and Fred has a pretty good history of having players behave themselves when on campus.

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
Why is he leaving again?
Pitino kicked him off the team.

I would guess we reach out to most transfers and then begin the vetting process to see if they are too big of risks to take on. But, it doesn't hurt to see if there is interest and then dig deeper to see if it is worth it.

There is no doubt there is talent there and I trust Fred to make the right decisions for the program.

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008

Heres how you should take it. How many transfers have failed under Hoiberg? Zero, they have all been great additions to this university and basketball program. I have no reason not to trust Hoiberg and his staff. If they think he can come here and make an impact, I want Behanan. He was also an MVP of the final 4 I'm pretty sure or something like that. The dude can play, he just needs to stay outta trouble.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Whatever helps us win games. Guys like this often learn their lesson when things like this happen and realize it's their last opportunity to accomplish their goals. That is why it often works out for them at ISU.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Heres how you should take it. How many transfers have failed under Hoiberg? Zero, they have all been great additions to this university and basketball program. I have no reason not to trust Hoiberg and his staff. If they think he can come here and make an impact, I want Behanan. He was also an MVP of the final 4 I'm pretty sure or something like that. The dude can play, he just needs to stay outta trouble.

I believe Luke Hancock was Final Four MOP but Behanan is still a very good player. He's an elite offensive rebounder and very good defender.

His most similar players list based on his 2012-13 season include: Victor Oladipo '12, Melvin Ejim '12, Terrance Jones '12 and Marcus Morris '10, for anyone wondering what kind of player he is.

Last edited:

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
Absolutely agree. He's batting 1.000 so far. My only thought is that if we do happen to get him, I think that's a ton of seniors to replace isn't it? I'm not good at remembering who we have coming in and what classes look like. But by then we could be a national power and it's a moot point. ;)

I just don't think you worry about that the same way you did 10 years ago. You ensure your team is loaded and ready for the current season and stockpile one or two transfers for the next season. You just don't concern yourself with a season 3 years out.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
If he sits out next year, the team would be ok with Hogue, Nadar, Niang, McKay and then he can come in the following year to replace Hogue. I'm ok with that strategy.

Don't rebuild, just reload!!!

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I think as with anyone, you ask yourself the question, "Is it worth having him around for two years to get one year" and go from there.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I believe Luke Hancock was Final Four MOP but Behanan is still a very good player. He's an elite offensive rebounder and very good defender.

His most similar players list based on his 2012-13 season include: Melvin Ejim '12 and nobody else that matters.

FIFY