CF: Greatest Sports Movie (Guy Movie) 2nd rd.

Pick your favorites

• 1) Raging Bull

Votes: 59 42.1%
  • 9) Rounders

Votes: 72 51.4%
  • --------

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 5) The Longest Yard

Votes: 75 53.6%
  • 13) Friday Night Lights

Votes: 58 41.4%
  • --------

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3) The Color of Money

Votes: 60 42.9%
  • 11) Any Given Sunday

Votes: 70 50.0%
  • --------

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • 7) Hoop Dreams

Votes: 24 17.1%
  • 2) Rocky

Votes: 110 78.6%

• Total voters

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I must reiterate the claim that Any Given Sunday was waay overrated and really could have been so much better. I think it is benefiting from going up against older movies people haven't seen.

MadCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2006
Madison, WI
I must reiterate the claim that Any Given Sunday was waay overrated and really could have been so much better. I think it is benefiting from going up against older movies people haven't seen.

I agree. Al Pacino just wasn't a football coach in my opinion.

The Hustler is a classic but not seen by very many people as it was made in 1961. Also, it's in black & white which turns some people off from a movie.

jtd9046

Dec 20, 2006
Chicago
I'm only 25... but I think these polls are being negatively affected by younger voters who just don't know better. Any Given Sunday in this poll and Sandlot among others in the other poll. Getting kind of pathetic.

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
I'm only 25... but I think these polls are being negatively affected by younger voters who just don't know better. Any Given Sunday in this poll and Sandlot among others in the other poll. Getting kind of pathetic.
I agree with your movie picks, but don't assume it is the younger crowd. They will add their picks later in the day when most get on line.

jtd9046

Dec 20, 2006
Chicago
I agree with your movie picks, but don't assume it is the younger crowd. They will add their picks later in the day when most get on line.

Or else many of them voted when they were finally going to bed at 7:30am. :wideeyed:

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX

Any Given Sunday may be one of my favorite movies ever. I'm gonna keep voting for that as long as I can :yes:

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
I think there just are a lot of Football Homers on here. If the movie was about football they love it. And Any Given Sunday was probably Oliver Stones worst movie. And Alexander was pretty bad too.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I think there just are a lot of Football Homers on here. If the movie was about football they love it. And Any Given Sunday was probably Oliver Stones worst movie. And Alexander was pretty bad too.

or alot of people who have never seen "Color of Money". If you have seen that movie, you would vote for it, guaranteed!

BvK1126

Apr 12, 2007
Denver, CO
or alot of people who have never seen "Color of Money". If you have seen that movie, you would vote for it, guaranteed!
I would have voted for freakin' "Steel Magnolias" if it had been up against "Any Given Sunday." Horrible, horrible movie! And you're right, cybsball, "Color of Money" is an excellent movie. Did anyone out there who voted for "Any Given Sunday" actually see "Color of Money"? If so, can you actually make a rational argument as to why you thought "Any Given Sunday" was a better movie than "Color of Money"?

coachdags

Speechless
Bookie
Mar 30, 2006
N.Dakota
Rounders should upset Raging Bull (Cinderella Man was better IMO)....

Rocky was the original that kind of kicked off the sports movie craze we see today.....My Final Four represenative out of this region...

isuarch80

Sep 25, 2006
Dallas, TX
Rounders should upset Raging Bull (Cinderella Man was better IMO)....

Rocky was the original that kind of kicked off the sports movie craze we see today.....My Final Four represenative out of this region...

Raging Bull has been argued to be one of the greatest sports movies of all time. IMO, Rounders is getting love because of the overhype of WSOP...

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
Raging Bull has been argued to be one of the greatest sports movies of all time. IMO, Rounders is getting love because of the overhype of WSOP...

Rounders was released in 1998. WSOP didn't get much attention until Moneymaker won in 2003.

This was a great movie for those who played prior to the influx of players after WSOP came to fame.