Chiefs/Steelers Screwed By Refs

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Succup missed a gimme for the Chiefs, but the refs missed a call completely that would have given the Chiefs a do-over 5-yards closer. The Chargers put 7 guys on the right side on the LOS which is against the rules, and the refs missed it completely. Great day of football, but it would have been better if the Steelers made it into the playoffs.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Also had a fumble by the Chargers, ala Texas game not called, although the whistle wasn't blown.

Cloner97

Apr 11, 2006
and oh by the way they ran back a fumble for a TD. Forward motion stopped,
Deja Vu for clone fans?

wamfam

Dec 13, 2013
Succup missed a gimme for the Chiefs, but the refs missed a call completely that would have given the Chiefs a do-over 5-yards closer. The Chargers put 7 guys on the right side on the LOS which is against the rules, and the refs missed it completely. Great day of football, but it would have been better if the Steelers made it into the playoffs.

I'm a firm believer that the only way to make these PART TIME sports officials better, is to pay them more and make them FULL TIME NFL officials so they can then concentrate ONLY on officiating NFL football!!!!! They are the ONLY professional American sports officials who are NOT full time!

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Not that I am crying any tears for the Boys but the delay of game call on them was pretty bad too.

theantiAIRBHG

May 25, 2011
Hiawatha, IA
I'm a firm believer that the only way to make these PART TIME sports officials better, is to pay them more and make them FULL TIME NFL officials so they can then concentrate ONLY on officiating NFL football!!!!! They are the ONLY professional American sports officials who are NOT full time!

You should start a thread about it!

Freebird

Apr 11, 2006
Also got screwed by having Chris Conte playing defense.

When has Chris Conte played any defense? When he got that interception in the first half I literally yelled "It took all season but Conte finally made a play!" And then he immediately turned back into Chris Conte.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

Right or wrong, I would only expect that to get called if SD blocked the kick because of the imbalance.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
41 yards is not a gimmie - but one that is made a lot more often than missed.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I doubt the Chiefs care. Their starters didn't even play.
It didn't mean anything for the team, but I'm sure the guys who busted their *** for 60 minutes cared. Also heading into the playoffs with a 2 game losing streak is never a good thing.