So, did you win your ffball league? What did you win with?

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
I finished 5th out of 8 teams. On paper, my team is probably the best in the league, but bad luck got the best of me. I was 2nd in the league in points scored, but teams seemed to score their season high in points when they would play me. Oh well, next year will be better and we will add 2-4 teams.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I won mine tonight. Nile Davis was a big pickup for me this week. My best player for the year was Jamaal Charles, but I also had DeMarco Murray, Phillip Rivers, Brandon Marshall, Pierre Garcon, Carolina Defense, and TY Hilton who were all big scorers on the year. My favorite part about this year is that even though I missed the initial draft, and had my team auto-selected for me, I ended up building a winner nearly entirely through free agency and trades. By midway through the season, the only player on my roster that I acquired in the draft was Charles. The rest, I built myself. Winning that way was very satisfying. The prize money is too...

crawfy54

Dec 28, 2006
Ames, Iowa
I had a heck of a three headed monster in Peyton Manning, Jamaal Charles, and Josh Gordon. This in a 10 team league too. I made the championship but lack of a quality RB2 and Flex came back to haunt me in the end.

Huxley Hustlaz 4 lyfe

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Question, why do some of you guys have leagues where the championship in week 17? Why not just move everything up a week? I'd be upset if I had a stacked team, and my studs didn't play this week due to resting for playoffs.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I had a heck of a three headed monster in Peyton Manning, Jamaal Charles, and Josh Gordon. This in a 10 team league too. I made the championship but lack of a quality RB2 and Flex came back to haunt me in the end.

Huxley Hustlaz 4 lyfe

There was a guy in our league who had Shady McCoy, Ryan Matthews, A.J. Green, Josh Gordon, DeSean Jackson, and the KC Defense. His total points were more than 250 points higher than the next highest person. Only lost twice all year. Once in the regular season and once in the semi finals in the playoffs. That's all it takes. One bad week. Still, his team was a monster.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Question, why do some of you guys have leagues where the championship in week 17? Why not just move everything up a week? I'd be upset if I had a stacked team, and my studs didn't play this week due to resting for playoffs.

I've been in leagues that do it both ways. It's just part of the strategy.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I got second with junk. I had Johnson and Bush. I drafted Daniels and Julio in the first 5 rounds and lost both right away. Matt Ryan was my QB. I got lucky and grabbed Jennings late which got me to where I was. I also drafted Jefferey late and even though he scored a lot of total points, he was incredibly erratic. This should give you a good idea-I made 30 roster moves this year. I was grabbing TEs every week, a flex every week, grabbed Harry Douglas and Quizz Rodgers for a time being. It was a constant battle to just try and win. I'm typically a pretty bad FF guy. I think this was the second time I even made the playoffs. I have no idea how to go about drafting from the end of the order next year either.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Oh, and the one bad move I made was bailing on Matthews right before he took off. That cost me a couple weeks i think.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Won mine via playoffs, but was third seed. I started off the season with Peyton Manning and Adrian Peterson. Of course, AP went down with injury, so I had to replace him with DeMarco Murray (who was already on my team) and Zac Stacy (some unheard of guy from the St Louis Rams). Championship game was last week, where Manning got me 43 points, Murray got me 26, and Stacy got me 16. I stomped my brother-in-law (the guy who was the no 1 seed) by more than 100 points.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Dont want to talk bout it.....was the 1 seed in 2 leagues and 5 seed in another...didnt even get 3rd in any league. Huge debacle by my best teams ever :realmad::realmad::realmad:

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Husband had AP and Peyton, but he finished 6th(?)

I got 3rd. My keepers were Brees & Rice. Rice didn't help me at all this year. I had to "cut" Shady to keep Rice, but he somehow fell to me in the first round of our draft. So I had Brees, Shady, Rice (who was quickly replaced by Woodhead...a great late round pick-up for me) Cameron was my TE. Had a revolving door of WRs with Decker, V Jackson, Emmanuel Sanders, and Boldin. Bills and Rams D, and Akers was my kicker.

I lost in the semifinals two weeks ago to the eventual champion. He had Jamaal...who went off that week. Oh yeah, he had Justin Tucker, too.

CyStorm

Aug 9, 2009
Ames via Storm Lake
Somehow I won my league (non ppr), and $200. I had no good QB, only Luck and Griffin/Cousins. I had DeMarco Murray and E. Lacy and Gore. I had DeSean Jackson, Colston, and Garcon. Random D's, and Denver's kicker. I won my league as a 6th seed in the playoffs!

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
Lost in first round of playoffs due to a tie breaker. If I would haveadvanced, I would have won the league.

Had Romo, Gore, Stacy, Dez, AJ, Cameron, J. Bell, Harry D, Riley Cooper, Mike Wallace, CAR D

Made a big trade early where I sent Charles, Roddy, Ridley to get Romo, Gore, Green.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I started off strong but bottom out and missed playoffs. My big **** up was taking Arian Foster in 1st round over Jamaal Charles. Also Rodgers going out with injury also hurt.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
In one $25 buy in and one $20 buy in league. Got the #1 seed in both, got Jamaal Charlesed in one in the first round and easily won both of my two week playoff matchups in the other. In the one if Charles scored ONLY 30 points instead of 54 I would have won. Completely crazy. The championship week I outscored the guy I would've played by 50. Oh well, can't complain.

Ended up with a 3rd and a 1st, good for a net of $180.

Jimmy Graham, Lesean McCoy, Josh Gordon, Keenan Allen, Luck/Cutler, G Bernard, Vincent Jackson, bengals/niners D

Jimmy Graham, Leveon Bell, AJ Green, Antonio Brown, Wes Welker, Jamaal Charles, Keenan Allen, Cutler/Romo, Streaming D/ST

That's the gist of it. I think I outscored 2nd place by over 200 points in the bottom one with standard scoring PPR.

I'd say a success.

Last edited:

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Why in the hell are so many of your leagues having playoffs so late still when many teams are wresting players? That's just dumb.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Why in the hell are so many of your leagues having playoffs so late still when many teams are wresting players? That's just dumb.

To each his own. It's not uncommon for leagues to be set up that way. Just another layer of strategy. You prepare your team for bye weeks during the regular season. This is similar. My best weapon, Charles, sat out so I made sure to get a claim on his back up early. If I wasn't paying close enough attention to who was sitting and lost because of it, that's my own fault.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron