Meteor

ManBearClone

Apr 29, 2010
I saw it in from south Ames looking north it was heading SE to NW. Thought it was a low flying plane at first. Had time to get to the window to see it break up. Very cool.

Redman97

Jul 31, 2011
Iowa City
I saw it in from south Ames looking north it was heading SE to NW. Thought it was a low flying plane at first. Had time to get to the window to see it break up. Very cool.

Interesting. I thought that is was within a few miles of where I was when I saw it.

Ry4Cy

Nov 4, 2010
Ankeny
Are you sure it wasn't the international space station? It is visible from the naked eye from time to time.

Ry4Cy

Nov 4, 2010
Ankeny
Should have read all the posts..disregard my previous post.

MNCYWX

Feb 7, 2010
Med City, MN
It may have been the space station
NASA - Spot The Station

No. You can't mistake the light that was seen tonight with the space station.

We're overcast up here and people were still reporting the sky lit up blue/green.

Haven't seen any credible images of it yet... and we very well may not unless someone got it on a dashcam, surveillance cam, or timelapse.

ManBearClone

Apr 29, 2010
Whotv.com claims to have an image from Runnells but unless they somehow flipped the image the angle is all wrong I think. Also have a webcam image from Iowa City but someone pointed out that it's Venus they captured.

ManBearClone

Apr 29, 2010
Ha just as I suspected.

829928084.png

MNCYWX

Feb 7, 2010
Med City, MN
Whotv.com claims to have an image from Runnells but unless they somehow flipped the image the angle is all wrong I think. Also have a webcam image from Iowa City but someone pointed out that it's Venus they captured.

Even that pic is supposedly fake. Twitpic - Share photos and videos on Twitter

You'd have to be a quick draw with the camera to capture this. It would have happened in less than 10 seconds. I doubt anyone with a normal camera got it, unless they happened to already be taking pictures... outside... in December... at night.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron