Phog Allen Questions

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
A couple of my friends and I are going to be attending the game at Phog Allen on January 29th. I've never been there and am hoping a few people on here have been. Is there an Iowa State section and where is it and how do I buy tickets in that section? Also I've been looking at general Addison tickets and I'm confused on how that all works. If anyone has any suggestions or answers please let me know.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I went last year with my dad and got the 2 for $50 tickets (General Admission) since the students were gone and we got there two hours before tip and the line was already started but we ended up getting pretty good seats. I got general admission tickets again for us this year but I don't know how it will work since students are there. Last year I believe we sat in the student section

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I've been there - we snuck in the student section and had pop spilled on us, popcorn thrown at us, etc.

That was the game where KU was given three bonus points by the refs. I will always remember it.

It gets loud in there and pretty rowdy - good times - hope you have thick skin

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
I went last year with my dad and got the 2 for $50 tickets (General Admission) since the students were gone and we got there two hours before tip and the line was already started but we ended up getting pretty good seats. I got general admission tickets again for us this year but I don't know how it will work since students are there. Last year I believe we sat in the student section

basically I'm debating paying 120 a ticket for reserved seats that are a few sections to the left of the backboard. Section 2a I believe. Or getting general admissions. What you think I should do?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
basically I'm debating paying 120 a ticket for reserved seats that are a few sections to the left of the backboard. Section 2a I believe. Or getting general admissions. What you think I should do?

I just bought the GA ones when they came available since I figured we could just get there early enough to get in line for it. The seats we had last year weren't bad. Looking at this chart IIRC we were around section 8 or 9. I don't know if thats the regular GA seats though since the students were gone

Allen Fieldhouse Seating Chart, Allen Fieldhouse Tickets, Allen Fieldhouse Maps

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You'll love it. Their video presentations are stunning.
There likely won't be an ISU section. You guys are on your own there.

The environment is insane. My ears are actually ringing a little just thinking about it.

Yeah their waving the wheat thing is pretty stupid but there pregame video was insane. We had quite a few ISU fans around us so that helped but it's quite the experience

CyBraveBear

Sep 28, 2011
Shawnee, KS
Went to my first game there in Hoiberg's first year. I'm glad I went but it was not a pretty game and those benches are not comfortable at all. Enjoy the game and bring us home a win

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
It's way up in the corners on benches that look like they took them from the local middle school's gym (well that's how it was about 10 years ago).

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
The Phog has General Admission?? Seriously??

Yes, and it works pretty well. Seats for Georgetown were sold for $80. It is basically student section overflow that they sell 2-6 weeks prior to the game that they know won't be occupied by students. It serves as a way for their fans who can't afford season tickets to at least see one game.

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com

GA is fine if you get there early... 90 minutes early to be precise. Otherwise you may get stuck up high with a risk of hitting your head on a rafter.