Laughable Article on ISU

HawkHater247

Nov 22, 2011
http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-bask...lation&utm_term=NCAA BasketballIowa StateGrid

First thread start here, sorry for the long link and no summary as I'm @ work doing this on my phone. He brings up maybe 2 valid points but otherwise claims we are overrated. Light him up in the comments. He also wrote an article claiming Wiggins is the best player in the WORLD. Laughable at best. Please let me know CONSTRUCTIVE criticism so I can clean my next thread post up please and thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Here's a real link.

Not worth getting riled up over. Writer says our rebounding and lack of depth are concerns moving forward. He is a Washington Capitals (NHL) writer so college basketball seems to be outside of his comfort zone.

Just an uninformed opinion that we don't need to waste time with... But this is Cyclone Fanatic so it's time to call for a boycott.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
When you are claiming a team is overrated and using close games against teams that are probably going to the tourney as your determining factor you truly are not a close follower of college basketball. Every other team in the country has a loss or a "close win" vs. a team worse than Boise St.

Oh, and throw in a clear grammatical error in your article title and you're good to go.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Add in our slow starts and need to go down by 10 points before we realize we are the better team and he may be on to something there lol

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I know a guy who writes for that site. The more people that click on the link and read the article. The more the author gets paid. So instead of writing how great someone is. They will write about how they are not that great. Getting fan base riled up to go to the site.

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
Well, when your top 15 and undefeated some people are going to look at us and say, "ohh they aren't that good, they are overrated." Without ever actually watching us play. We play a unique style and despite not having a big man, we've still been like top 20 in rebounding the last 3 years. People are going to attack you, and find bad things to say about your team when your good, it's called envy.

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
Yeah, the lack of a true center has really killed us against teams like KU, Baylor, Okie State, Ohio State, etc. these last few years.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Here's a real link.

Not worth getting riled up over. Writer says our rebounding and lack of depth are concerns moving forward. He is a Washington Capitals (NHL) writer so college basketball seems to be outside of his comfort zone.

Just an uninformed opinion that we don't need to waste time with... But this is Cyclone Fanatic so it's time to call for a boycott.

Our rebounding is a concern when, according to ESPN, we're the 10th best rebounding team in the nation. Umm, ok... :confused:

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Here's a real link.

From this moment on, I will never buy a Washington Capitals ticket, not even to burn.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
All legit concerns he listed in the article, but they are just concerns. Our team has one thing that most teams don't-- TWTW. This team has been money when the game is on the line, and hopefully that will continue to be the case.

kilroy

Jun 10, 2010
hills to flat lands
Terrible read, not for sure what to say about it. Really uninformed and what the hell was he writing about college hoops in Hawaii concerning Iowa if he's a NHL guy, something smells rotten here; closet hawk fan? More likely a a KU fan.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
He seems to write a few ISU articles and uses DeAndre Kane pictures. He is a beat writer for Washington Capitals so maybe he had Marshall ties.

1Nation

May 16, 2013
CA
This joker probably just bet on the Clones like I did and was done in by the put back with 0.2 seconds left for a Boise back door cover. He was upset and wrote an article about our rebounding (which lead to the put back). I was upset and drank a beer before going to sleep.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
He may be right that we are not that tall, or deep, but he should ask our 11 opposing coaches if we deserve to be in the top 15.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
If we were UK or KU, we would be ranked in the top 5, no one would question that we were overrated.

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
Oh, and throw in a clear grammatical error in your article title and you're good to go.
And a split inifinitive in the second paragraph --- **** you, Tyler Leli!!! YOU SUCK! :)

So we don't have much height or depth? This article could have been written in September.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron