Ejim is No Small Forward

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
Ejim is a great rebounder, making garbage baskets, and shooting 3 pointers. But, he has absolutely no business trying to dribble the ball on fast breaks or driving to the hoop. He has no handle and there's a high probability he will turn the ball over take a bad shot by just throwing the ball up there and hoping it goes in.

On the play he dribbled the ball off his foot, I was yelling "don't dribble, don't dribble." My brother said "too bad he can't hear you,". He is hurting us by trying to do too much outside of his skill set.

IowaStateClones

Dec 7, 2009
you have obviously not watched any of our games this year. Ejim can and will continue to dribble the ball, it's essential to our offense.

Sloup

Nov 14, 2009
Ames, IA
He could hop on one leg for the entire game for all I care if he still pulled in 18 points and 9 rebounds.

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
I agree with you to an extent. I to was screaming, "don't dribble!" right before the ball off the foot incident. However him faking and driving opens up the 3 for him later which he has proven he can hit.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
He's been a decent ball handler this year actually. In the past he wasn't good, but so far this year he's been pretty good.

Also, tonight on the play you're talking about, he was being guarded by a PG, so that's not a great match up for him to dribble on.

Cyclonefan89

Oct 25, 2010
Ankeny
He's been a decent ball handler this year actually. In the past he wasn't good, but so far this year he's been pretty good.

Also, tonight on the play you're talking about, he was being guarded by a PG, so that's not a great match up for him to dribble on.
And you could see how disappointed he was when he turned it over. I don't think we see him make that mistake much this season.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

That is probably the error there, though Melvin still got a step on him . Just basically an accident. Nothing more

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
You could tell he was pressing a bit to much tonight trying to bring the team back.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Also, one time, I saw Georges miss a bunny after he made a three. He shouldn't take those bunnies just threes. I saw him with an open layup and I was screaming for him not to take it. He couldn't hear me then he missed it and it was bad.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
****** almighty, it depends who is guarding him and how. If he has a 6'8 guy guarding him on the wing and trying to take away the 3, he better be putting that damn ball on the floor and getting to the hoop cause those guys can't guard him, that has been shown over and over again...a smaller quicker guy that wants to take the 3 away, he can just go post up.

yes, once in awhile he turns it over...get over it, he touches it every possession for a reason and he plays 40 minutes, it is going to happen

All the guy does is get double doubles, has the most complete game of anyone we have had in years, and people still *****. Anyone notice he is now shooting 85% from the line now too, add that to the list of things he is good at.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
The other thing here, we lose that game if Melvin doesnt put the ball on the floor and get to the hoop and shoot ten free throws. you can't jsut cherry pick possessions.

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
I kinda agree. Melvin has never had a great handle. He's just not that coordinated.

He's the only guy that makes me hold my breath when he's dribbling.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Also, one time, I saw Georges miss a bunny after he made a three. He shouldn't take those bunnies just threes. I saw him with an open layup and I was screaming for him not to take it. He couldn't hear me then he missed it and it was bad.
Well done.

Ejim is not a three, but in most match-ups he is enough of a three to take his man out to the perimeter and make good things happen. Tonight was not one of those with BSU playing four guards and being able give a lot of help due to our poor shooting. OP was way too reactionary.

Last edited:

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
He did make the same pump fake move a lt tonight. I think he was jut rushing a little bit too much today.