The Mayor, Fred "Hoiborg"

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Anyone else notice that the one announcer the last couple days cannot say "Hoiberg." And it sounds like when he says "Hoiborg," that he knows he is doing it wrong but can't correct it. What do you all think of the announcers? I like that they are giving ISU a lot of love and have nice things to say, but I think they just keep saying the same things over and over. "This team beats you with their spacing and have an NBA type offense." Then they say the exact same thing about Boise St. Get some new lines fellas.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Anyone else notice that the one announcer the last couple days cannot say "Hoiberg." And it sounds like when he says "Hoiborg," that he knows he is doing it wrong but can't correct it. What do you all think of the announcers? I like that they are giving ISU a lot of love and have nice things to say, but I think they just keep saying the same things over and over. "This team beats you with their spacing and have an NBA type offense." Then they say the exact same thing about Boise St. Get some new lines fellas.

I think that is Dino and he is somewhat annoying. They had a different team doing the ESPN2 games last night, so I hope we get them.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
I think the part that annoyed me most was his infatuation with Akron ( I think he is from Ohio) until we curb stomped their dreams of an upset.

Hahaha. Akron is really not all that bad of a team. Maybe he wanted the tournament to seem better in some sort of way, instead of saying "Iowa State is the only decent team out here in this tournament." Akron has a decent shot at winning their conference, not that it's an impressive thing, but still.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Hahaha. Akron is really not all that bad of a team. Maybe he wanted the tournament to seem better in some sort of way, instead of saying "Iowa State is the only decent team out here in this tournament." Akron has a decent shot at winning their conference, not that it's an impressive thing, but still.

It wouldn't surprise me if they do. Their big is really talented and they have good shooters around him.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

Heard they were something like 33-5 in the last 38, now 33-6 in the last 39.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006

He will be assimilated.

agcy68

Feb 9, 2007
Iowa
I think the part that annoyed me most was his infatuation with Akron ( I think he is from Ohio) until we curb stomped their dreams of an upset.

I hope you realize that most announcers will "over support" the unranked/over-matched team when playing a ranked team. It keeps people interested and is more exciting that an upset might happen. I took their attempt to prop up Akron ad a compliment.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Heard they were something like 33-5 in the last 38, now 33-6 in the last 39.

Akron is also 0-26 vs. ranked opponents now. Didn't hear that until after the game, could have saved me some stress.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Akron is also 0-26 vs. ranked opponents now. Didn't hear that until after the game, could have saved me some stress.

Or it could have stressed me out that they would become 1-25 against ranked teams.

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
I hope you realize that most announcers will "over support" the unranked/over-matched team when playing a ranked team. It keeps people interested and is more exciting that an upset might happen. I took their attempt to prop up Akron ad a compliment.

I don't agree. Duke, Kentucky, NC, Kansas will always have the limelight. What deeply bothered me was the end of the Texas football game when the announcer said that a team with Texas' tradition should never lose to ISU - which is exactly what the refs were thinking.