#21 Thomas

kilroy

Jun 10, 2010
hills to flat lands
I think he's doing great as a incoming freshman and starting on this team.

But Im worried about his starting position.
I don't think his defense is a liability but surprisingly his offense is, and not from being to greedy; he needs to fire it up start blasting some shots!

I know the 'he's not big man on campus anymore' BS excuse but he is, he's a starting FRESHMAN on a top 25 team in the BIG XII!!!
Wonder what CFH needs to do to light a fire under him?

Seemed CFH is starting to realize this as #21MT is riding the pine a lot after starting (only 19 mins today)

Im really excited to see some of his magic and wish he could get his confidence up, were gonna need his range come Big XII time.

Maybe he just needs a cheer from us GO #21!!!

Really would love to here thoughts of others on this. I really thought I would see a coming out party by now.

Last edited:

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I did not expect to see countless posts and threads knocking Matt Thomas every day. I thought people picked Percy as the guy for pointless criticism.

Kid's a freshman that defers on a highly effective team. What's the problem?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
He'll be fine. Our guard future with Naz, Monte, Matt, Custer is really bright.

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
I still think he's adjusting to college ball. I think he starts still but we see his minutes go down and SDW get more playing time in the guards rotation.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
He's still adjusting to playing against much stronger competition. He will be fine. His mechanics are top notch and he's smart. He'll get better every week on D. His offensive confidence will grow. By next year, we'll be very pleased with him as a player. This year will probably be up and down, which is common for FR.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I like him....a lot. He goes quiet at times, but for a Freshmen, dude can play. And his game is more developed than I would have thought, plus he can defend a lot better than I expected. REally really hard to come in and play at this level, and I think he is doing a great job. Long way to go but great start.

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
It's gotta be a little intimidating starting with guys like Kane, Ejim, Niang, and Hogue. He will be fine, he just knows we already have go to guys right now.

kilroy

Jun 10, 2010
hills to flat lands
I am REALLY impressed with the fact that the guy gets to start, can't wait to see him deliver the gold like Niang does in his sophomore year. I guess I would just be afraid his confidence might take a hit if he would loses starting position for a game or two.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
We have four ridiculously good players right now. Matt is deferring to them and only taking good shots and making smart decisions. He doesn't need to go off for this team to be successful.

kilroy

Jun 10, 2010
hills to flat lands
We have four ridiculously good players right now. Matt is deferring to them and only taking good shots and making smart decisions. He doesn't need to go off for this team to be successful.

Being greedy though, just think of on top of it all he did!!!:spinny:

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Every Cyclone MBB season needs its whipping boy. Win or lose - there must be someone to whip!

Bubu is gone, Percy doesn't play. So, a few fans have served up Thomas for the whipping.