Rank the BIG 12

planetiowa

Nov 19, 2013
Based on what they have actually done this year up to this point.

1. ISU
2. Baylor (same record as OSU, better wins and better loss)
3. OSU
4. KU
5. OU
6. UT
7. KSU
8/9/10. TT, WVU, TCU (in no particular order)

cyclone22

Sep 14, 2011
Ames, IA
2hohezl.png

That was easy

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Based on what they have actually done this year up to this point.

1. ISU
2. Baylor (same record as OSU, better wins and better loss)
3. OSU
4. KU
5. OU
6. UT
7. KSU
8/9/10. TT, WVU, TCU (in no particular order)

Almost the same, except i'd put OSU tied with ISU, maybe even a little above.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
1. Oklahoma State
2. Iowa State
3. Baylor
4. Kansas
5. Texas
6. Oklahoma
7. Kansas State
8. West Virginia
9. Texas Tech
10. TCU

So far.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
OSU
KU

ISU/Baylor/OU
UT
WVU/KSU
TT

TCU

That middle group will be a battle, and not much will separate #3 from #8, maybe even #9.

Last edited:

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
ISU/OSU

Everybody else

ISU is at the top of the conference. Saying KU is above us is laughable. They've lost 3 times already. They can be good, but they're struggling. We, however, are not.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
ISU/OSU

Everybody else

ISU is at the top of the conference. Saying KU is above us is laughable. They've lost 3 times already. They can be good, but they're struggling. We, however, are not.
I was just coming in to say this. Not sure how you can justify KU above ISU right now.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
This..except I'd put UT in the group with us Baylor and OU
Yeah, they have looked good against good teams (and poor against poor teams). Had they won against MSU, I think 6 Big 12 teams would be, at this moment, in the tournament.

KSU is starting to come around and can knock off anyone imo. WVU has played tough against some good competition and Eron Harris is on fire. We better take care of business at home, as getting even 3 road wins will be tough.

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Power Rankings:
1.) Oklahoma State
2.) Baylor
3.) Iowa State
4.) Kansas
5.) Oklahoma
6.) Texas
7.) Kansas State
8.) West Virginia
9.) Texas Tech
10.) Texas Christian

There isn't much separating 1-4 and 5-7.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
10. Texas Tech
9. TCU
8. West Virginia
7. Kansas State
6. Texas
5. Oklahoma
4. Baylor
3. Iowa State
2. Kansas
1. Oklahoma State

1-4 are all Top 16 teams. Quite frankly any one of those teams is capable of winning the conference or playing in the Final Four.

ChampFantana

Jan 30, 2009
I was just coming in to say this. Not sure how you can justify KU above ISU right now.

Strength of schedule is the phrase I think you're looking for. KU's schuedule has been significantly more difficult than other members of the Big 12.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Iowa State
Oklahoma State
Baylor
Kansas
Texas
Oklahoma
Kansas State
West Virginia
Texas Tech
TCU

If you say Iowa State isn't first then I'm not sure what you've been watching. We are 10-0 while playing a decent non-conference schedule. Plus we haven't played our best basketball. I don't see anyone except Kansas coming close to winning in Hilton and even then only with the help of the officials. On the road there are a few that we could lose, but we haven't proven that we even can lose yet. I know expecting to win the Big 12 is to optimistic but what have we seen to prove otherwise.

TrumpetHero

Oct 1, 2013
Bettendorf
Strength of schedule is the phrase I think you're looking for. KU's schuedule has been significantly more difficult than other members of the Big 12.

This. Kansas has one of the toughest schedules this year, and has lost to top-notch opposition. If you're doubting Kansas, I don't think you've watched them play. They have BIG players, and not in the lanky Hawkeye sense, either. Those guys are scary, and I'm afraid they're going to dominate the Big12, even if they've had a rough season so far.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
This. Kansas has one of the toughest schedules this year, and has lost to top-notch opposition. If you're doubting Kansas, I don't think you've watched them play. They have BIG players, and not in the lanky Hawkeye sense, either. Those guys are scary, and I'm afraid they're going to dominate the Big12, even if they've had a rough season so far.
Yes, we have seen this before- KU losing a few games while breaking in a bunch of talented new players with a tough schedule. Self lets the rotation shake out and gets them rolling by late January. There is not a more naturally talented team in the Big 12. Ok St has a better backcourt, but KU has the best talent. If KU does not lose early, they will win the conference again.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron