Washington State

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
choke.gif

The Cubs haven't ever choked this bad.

Needed a first down and they would've won. Instead, they fumbled it and Colorado State scores a touchdown and converts two point conversion to tie the game. Then Wazzu fumbles the ball on the following kickoff with 27 seconds left, Colorado St. makes field goal and wins the game.

This would be the ultimate meltdown on CF.

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
I told my wife, "This is totally something ISU would do." She responded with, "now you can't say things like, this would only happen at ISU."

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Would like to be a fly on the wall in that Wazzu locker room.

Same here. I think that's one where stunned silence dominates the room. Not sure anyone would even have the courage to yell at anyone else in there.

The running back for WSU should have been focusing on getting on the ground, rather than trying to gain another meaningless yard or two when he needed 10 to get the first down. Get on the ground and live to fight another down. The CSU defenders did a good job of holding him up and stripping the ball away from him, but he had to know that was going to be the strategy against him. Funniest thing about that is that the QB had just barely gotten to the ground before fumbling on the previous play, then they fumble it away on the very next play.

Totally an ISU-esque loss by WSU.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Should fire himself. His clock management at the end of both halves was horrific today.

I didn't get to see the game, but I checked the online play-by-play after I read your post, out of curiosity.

Specific to second half: CSU called its first timeout around 4:30, when WSU had a 15-point lead and was 2nd and 5 at its 35. If an opponent is starting to use its timeouts at that point, why would you follow it with two straight pass attempts? Force them to burn all the TOs or let them risk losing more clock.

Is that an example of what you meant?

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.
I didn't get to see the game, but I checked the online play-by-play after I read your post, out of curiosity.

Specific to second half: CSU called its first timeout around 4:30, when WSU had a 15-point lead and was 2nd and 5 at its 35. If an opponent is starting to use its timeouts at that point, why would you follow it with two straight pass attempts? Force them to burn all the TOs or let them risk losing more clock.

Is that an example of what you meant?

After the first 'fumble' by WSU's QB (was ruled down) WSU had a 25 sec play clock that also would have wound 25 seconds off the game clock. Wazzu snapped the ball after only having run 5 seconds off the clock. This was with 2:xx or so left to play. On this play, their RB was stripped of the football and subsequently allowed CSU to score at TD and 2 point conversion with enough time to kick off, force a fumble on the return and score the game winning FG

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Really good friend of mine is a Wazzou alum, so I watched the game with him today. It really felt like an ISU game watching it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron