Have you ever walked in to a movie?

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
To go along with the other thread. Have you ever gone to a movie on a whim, having no idea what to expect, and walked out with a new favorite?

Several years ago we went out to dinner with friends and they said hey, let's go to a movie. We went to the theater and picked the next movie that was starting, having not heard of it and knowing nothing about it. That movie was "American Pie," one of the all-time greats in my mind!

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
As of now, I have walked into every movie I've been to. Maybe someday I will mix it up and either run or crawl in, but that day has yet to come.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
We're the Millers.

Figured it would be good for a laugh or two at most. Not a huge Aniston fan.

I was so wrong. Stellar comedy the whole way through.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
It's been a long time since I've just went to a movie on a whim. I think the best was when MNCyGal and I randomly went to Forgetting Sarah Marshall at the Ames dollar theater That movie was a nice surprise.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
We walked into Napolean Dynamite figuring it was some kind of action movie...never seeing a trailer for it.

Walked out with my side hurting. It was just so unexpected.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
A Knight's Tale with Heath Ledger. Hadn't read any reviews or watched any trailers for it. My wife and I went into it with zero expectations. Excellent movie - Mark Addy, Alan Tudyk and Paul Bettany all gave great performances. If you haven't seen it, I'd highly recommend it!

My wife and I went to "While You Were Sleeping" starring Sandra Bullock, without knowing anything about it, and we really enjoyed that movie. It still ranks up there as one of our all-time favorite RomComs.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
"Over the Hedge." Got drunk with some college buddies and went on a whim. We loved it so much we went out and got more friends to come back and watch a later showing that same night. Only time I've ever gone to see a movie in a theater twice in one day.

CyOps

Jul 12, 2010
Lincoln
We saw Cowboy's and Aliens in the theater. The older guy behind us was talking before the movie started and he thought it was going to be about Cowboy's and illegal Aliens and some kind of border dispute. After the movie he said something like "didn't see that coming".

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Hot Rod. Hot Rod all day long. I had no idea what the movie was. Oh man what a classic. Every time I watch it I find amazing new lines.

BKLYNCyclone

Sep 16, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
To go along with the other thread. Have you ever gone to a movie on a whim, having no idea what to expect, and walked out with a new favorite?

Several years ago we went out to dinner with friends and they said hey, let's go to a movie. We went to the theater and picked the next movie that was starting, having not heard of it and knowing nothing about it. That movie was "American Pie," one of the all-time greats in my mind!

Did the same exact thing with American Pie... Just went to kill time with zero expectations... Laughed my *** off.

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
Napoleon Dynamite - I was originally thinking some sort of nerdy superhero kind of movie, walked out of there with stupid humor one-liners stuck in my head for days. Stupid humor is what I thrive on.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Saw...............guys from the office wanted to see it, I tagged along without knowing anything about it. Needless to say i didn't want to walk through a dark parking lot alone for the next two weeks.

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
We're the Millers.

Figured it would be good for a laugh or two at most. Not a huge Aniston fan.

I was so wrong. Stellar comedy the whole way through.

Im pretty sure both men and women are fans. Are you either? Her dance scene in that is worth the admission price alone.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Did the same exact thing with American Pie... Just went to kill time with zero expectations... Laughed my *** off.
I'm not a laugh out loud person. I kind of zone out when watching TV and movies (drives my wife nuts) but I'm laughing on the inside. I could not contain myself with American Pie.

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
It's been a long time since I've just went to a movie on a whim. I think the best was when MNCyGal and I randomly went to Forgetting Sarah Marshall at the Ames dollar theater That movie was a nice surprise.

Are you talking about Segel's opening part? I don't want to hear about that.

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
I was on Christmas break from ISU and my mother still lived in Colorado so I went back there. We decided to go to a movie that we didn't really know anything about. Loved it and laughed through the entire thing. There were like 10 people in the entire theater.

You can now watch a marathon of that movie every Christmas time. "A Christmas Story"

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
Are you talking about Segel's opening part? I don't want to hear about that.

I can't remember which late night talk show it was, but Segel was promoting the movie and talking about how his mom was at the premier. Apparently he left out the details of his full frontal nudity to her.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Im pretty sure both men and women are fans. Are you either? Her dance scene in that is worth the admission price alone.

Not a fan of her acting. HER ACTING. Everything else Im a big fan of. Especially her dance scene.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron