Uniform Ideas

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
I had posted about the possibility of new uniforms with the new South Endzone Expansion Project. I came up with some ideas and wondered what people thought.

Uniform 1.jpeg Uniform 2.jpeg Home Uniform
Uniform 3.jpeg Uniform 4.jpeg Away Uniform
Uniform 5.jpeg Uniform 6.jpeg Alternates Uniform
Uniform 7.jpeg Helmet
Uniform 8.jpeg Other Idea for Helmet

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Bring back the gold from the Jack Trice Uniforms. Red top, the throwback gold bottom, leave it for 20 years (if we don't do crazy uniforms like Oregon)

cydoge

Nov 14, 2013
Ankeny
I would hope if we change uniforms we do something a little better than what can be made on EA's teambuilder....
I would like to see the jack trice uni with current colors though.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Some nice ideas, except the helmet. Why would we use an expired logo? I-State is here to stay...at least as long as Pollard is around.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Some nice ideas, except the helmet. Why would we use an expired logo? I-State is here to stay...at least as long as Pollard is around.
The I State logo just doesn't work for a helmet logo. The logo I used is our current alternate/secondary logo. It is the same as the old twirly logo just without the blue. I made the whole team if you want to look it up. (http://www.easports.com/teambuilder14#/school/2306196871:1387392418) As it shows the I State is still the primary logo and still in the middle of the field. It is also the logo on the shoulders. The only place the other logo is on the helmet, and that is because I don't think the I State one works on a helmet.

I would hope if we change uniforms we do something a little better than what can be made on EA's teambuilder....
I would like to see the jack trice uni with current colors though.

If you're talking about the ones we wore against Iowa I do like that as an alternate. Maybe those would be our homecoming jerseys.

Kagavi

Mar 4, 2013
California
www.kagavi.com
The I State logo just doesn't work for a helmet logo. The logo I used is our current alternate/secondary logo. It is the same as the old twirly logo just without the blue.

This is incorrect. Twirly Cy was phased out with the introduction of the new Walking Cy logo that so many on here hate. It is true that Twirly stuck around for a while with the I-STATE logo introduction, but they quietly shoved him out the door a while later. These are the only current marks for the Athletics program: Athletics Identity Marks : Trademark Licensing Office

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
This is incorrect. Twirly Cy was phased out with the introduction of the new Walking Cy logo that so many on here hate. It is true that Twirly stuck around for a while with the I-STATE logo introduction, but they quietly shoved him out the door a while later. These are the only current marks for the Athletics program: Athletics Identity Marks : Trademark Licensing Office
Maybe this is old now but someone posted this yesterday.
http://www.cyclones.com/pdf3/91103.pdf

If they did phase it out they should bring it back. I liked it originally but it looks ridiculously good when they took out the blue. I think that this one mascot-fullbody.jpg would be better if you could figure out how to get it on the helmet. If not that one then this one head.jpg

abe2010

Jan 14, 2009
Story City, IA

kyle22kjs

Nov 2, 2012
Personally... I think this helmet would be a good change

BboAP7eCIAAPE4O.jpg

Reactions: CycloneVet

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
i-state is not a bad idiom. kansas state university is k-state athletically.

and i really like the walking cy. said that yesterday and that i thought it should be on your unies. much better than the bird in a blender. but i don't have a dog in the fight, only an objective opine.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
i-state is not a bad idiom. kansas state university is k-state athletically.

and i really like the walking cy. said that yesterday and that i thought it should be on your unies to make them distinctive. much better than the bird in a blender. but i don't have a dog in the fight, only an objective opine.

SenorCy

Aug 29, 2010
C.J.
I had posted about the possibility of new uniforms with the new South Endzone Expansion Project. I came up with some ideas and wondered what people thought.

View attachment 23747 View attachment 23748 Home Uniform
View attachment 23749 View attachment 23750 Away Uniform
View attachment 23751 View attachment 23752 Alternates Uniform
View attachment 23753 Helmet
View attachment 23754 Other Idea for Helmet
No. Our current uniforms may be a on Ole Miss/LSU ripoff (Not USC, shoulder stripes are different) but at least they look classy. The unnecessary pinstripes were cool 10 years ago when Nike decided to put them in as many designs as they could, but not now. Gold helmet should have a gray facemask and white helmet should have a white one. The red facemasks look tacky. The only things that should be changed about our uniforms is wearing the cardinal pants on the road occasionally, adding a white helmet, and possibly a gold one with the walking Cy like the one below.
BQb_JOwCMAAbMWO.jpg

Reactions: CYCLNST8

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
Like others have said, keep the same uniform but use the Jack Trice throwback colors.