Question for the professional weather guys on this site

JSmoove

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 19, 2012
2611 Helser, Louden
What weather website do you guys suggest to use? My intent is not to make this the "most accurate site" debate (although that is what one would want in looking for a good weather site). Looking for a website that's informative and tells me everything I need to know in an easy and intuitive layout.

I've become increasingly tired of weather.com, its bull **** pop culture videos and all around crappy layout. Don't care about what was found at the bottom of a lake or what animal I'll never believe survived a 30' drop from a building. Just tell me the temp and if it's suppose to rain or not. Maybe a cool weather related fact or some records of some sort.

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010
weather-rock.png

What weather website do you guys suggest to use? My intent is not to make this the "most accurate site" debate (although that is what one would want in looking for a good weather site). Looking for a website that's informative and tells me everything I need to know in an easy and intuitive layout.

I've become increasingly tired of weather.com, its bull **** pop culture videos and all around crappy layout. Don't care about what was found at the bottom of a lake or what animal I'll never believe survived a 30' drop from a building. Just tell me the temp and if it's suppose to rain or not. Maybe a cool weather related fact or some records of some sort.

MartyMcCy

Sep 6, 2011
I prefer Iowa State's Meteogram site for the non detailed thing. The link below is for Cedar Rapids.
Meteogram Generator

Also, I'm not a professional weather guy, but I am a French model.

MNCYWX

Feb 7, 2010
Med City, MN
For the casual weather inquiries... weather.gov. Locally produced forecasts whereas weather.com comes from someone sitting in Atlanta, if not straight up a comuter. Who do you think is going to have a better forecast?

Or your favorite media outlet's weather website or mobile app.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
You non-pros need to stfu!!!

I'm not a pro and I use nws, local news, and snowforecast.com for longer range outlooks.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
Just find somebody who's had both knees replaced and ask them. I personally go to my grandfather. He's right every time.

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
I use weather.gov, johndee.com, and the ISU Meteogram Generator for most all of my weather.

If I want to watch the development of winter storms for the area i like to follow the accuweather.com forums. The forums are very structured and have rules about wishcasting and such. One thing I'm not to crazy about in the forums is that many of the winter storm posters are from michigan, ohio, and on east- they get pretty sour when they dont get the weather and other places do. There are a few posters from Iowa and are quite informative. Good place to watch the weather.